The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

whats it about? im looking for a new book after reading twilight (lame)
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
Its a series of 7 books by stephen king. Its good but weird as hell.

I cant really explain it...

Quote by JackalUK
That sounds like a gay copy of the Diablo 2 story

I dont see how these books have anything in common with Diablo 2
i read the first book, but then got confused on the second one with the door into the other guy or w/e so i gave up. i don't like confusing books, coz i always end up reading every page twice
It's a ****ing amazing series. Here's a synopsis thingie

In the story, Roland is the last living member of a knightly order known as gunslingers. The world he lives in is quite different from our own, yet it bears striking similarities to it. Politically organized along the lines of a feudal society, it shares technological and social characteristics with the American Old West, as well as bearing magical powers and the relics of a highly advanced, but long vanished, society. Roland's quest is to find the Dark Tower, a fabled building said to be the nexus of all universes. Roland's world is said to have "moved on," and indeed it appears to be coming apart at the seams — mighty nations have been torn apart by war, entire cities and regions vanish from the face of the earth without a trace, time does not flow in an orderly fashion; even the sun sometimes rises in the north and sets in the east. As the series opens, Roland's motives, goals, and his age are unclear, though later installments shed light on these mysteries.

By the way, the second book is really the only confusing one, and only at one part. It's worth it to keep reading
i read the gunslinger back in 5th grade, i'm not sure which one it is in the series but i liked it. i never knew there was a bigger picture to the story
'57 Reissue Gibson Les Paul Custom, Jackson Soloist SL2H
Marshall MF350
Cry Baby, Carbon Copy, Phase 90

Quote by strat0blaster
I remember this one time - Jesus played Eruption on a lute with strings made from the hair of 23 virgins.

It was pretty hardcore.
Yeah at first i thought 'The Gunslinger' was it but i found out theres a whole series so i rummaged through my dads books and found the rest.

The series really picks up in the second book and get more interesting in the third.

The fourth is one big flash back. and thats as far as i got. so im re-reading the whole series.
i love the books. i started reading the first 3 books more than 15 years ago now. just this summer i saw that king finished the story. so i started again and i read all 7 books within 3 months. fascinating!
to all that don`t know the dark tower, ìt`s something completely different. not the usual horror thing you might expect.
it`s a weird mix between scifi, western, timetravel, star wars, apocalypse....
it took king nearly 30 years to write it. do yourself a favour and and read those books. many people say it`s already a modern classic that is pretty much on the same level as tolkiens lotr.
and for all the lazy ones, there is also a comic book version from marvel comics
there's like five threads on this. I suggest you look into them instead of making a new thread without using the search bar.
Most wicked series ever, I finished it a few years ago, so much in it.
And Roland is so ****ing Badass!