I was just thinking and it kinda seems to me like people are starting to be really hating and prejudice towards music genres they don't like or listen to. It's kinda like racism because really its just when a category is placed on different groups and it puts up barriers and makes people really spiteful towards other groups.
Something that made me think of this is how upset people get when a band gets called a certain genre and people don't think it should be in that genre.

People REALLY hate it if their band gets called emo or if a band thats considered emo gets called anything but emo

Just a thought feel free to discuss or add to that or whatever
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

and im 14 got any problems ill f*ckin drop you.

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Spooni_Shaq is the best UGer ever, period
Quote by JackalUK
Starting? This has been going on for decades...

yeah true
it's really gay that people can't help but discriminate against something
Kerry King Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
The cool thing to label yourself with at the moment is 'Progressive'.
derp
lol u have faggot in ur username

Quote by Jack Off Jill
You know, if you, Silent Deftone and I get together.. We'd be unstoppable at the night clubs.

Everything I say is to be taken as serious fucking business.
Quote by ross1234
its nothing like racism

people discriminating against a group because they feel that it is lesser than their group

sounds a little like racism

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Yes, this is nothing new.

Look, we need genres.
People will never like labels; I hate labels; but they have always made up modern society.

I've heard people not believe me when I say Fall Out Boy, 30 Seconds to Mars, Panic! at the Disco, Atreyu, The Used, Bullet For My Valentine, and similar bands emo.
Because, while true, it's a negative label.

Just because I choose to live an alternate lifestyle, does not mean I should be ostracized by the community. But, it happens.
Some bus drivers in Melbourne won't stop at a bus stop if goths, punks or emos are there.
I know homophobic shops that ban homosexuals.
It goes on and on.
Society is a motherfucker, but we've got to live with it.
We shouldn't have to, but we do. Labels and genres are a part of life.
its been the same for decades...
goths and grunge kids in the 90's
new wave and mods in the 80's
everybody and the punks in the 70's

everybody hates everybody coz of the music they listen to.

it even happens in the rap scene...but its really gettin bad now with the east coast/west coast bullshit.
Quote by Alex The Red

If it doesn't have to do with tube amps or sex most of us don't really care..

Quote by Kutanmoogle

Looks like Lars Ulrich decided to become a hacker.

Quote by aaron6890
penises FTW

not in the gay way

<.<
>.>

Quote by Spooni_Shaq
yeah true
it's really gay that people can't help but discriminate against something

Heh, irony
Quote by Josh Shiells

I've heard people not believe me when I say Fall Out Boy, 30 Seconds to Mars, Panic! at the Disco, Atreyu, The Used, Bullet For My Valentine, and similar bands emo.
Because, while true, it's a negative label.

Wrong. Emo = late 80s/early 90s stem of punk. They = pop-rock. I have nothing against those bands, but it's a bit hard to say you like emo when no-one really knows what it is
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by SuperBlob
Heh, irony

Wrong. Emo = late 80s/early 90s stem of punk. They = pop-rock. I have nothing against those bands, but it's a bit hard to say you like emo when no-one really knows what it is

Well genres change.
Whenever people talk about how those bands aren't emo it reminds me of R&B. Way back in the day, it was completely different to what it is now. I guess it's the same as emo.
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by Josh Shiells

Just because I choose to live an alternate lifestyle, does not mean I should be ostracized by the community. But, it happens.
Some bus drivers in Melbourne won't stop at a bus stop if goths, punks or emos are there.

serious? i live in melbourne, and i've never even heard of that happening to anyone.

also, by defining yourself as 'alternative' you seperate yourself from the community.

anyway,
it's nothing like racism. it is irritating but not a lot more.

i do sympathise, however.
Quote by SuperBlob

Thats another thing, people always get caught up in definition and it results in massive arguements from time to time. Mostly these arguments are just people competing for musical knowledge

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by SuperBlob
Heh, irony

Fugazi, Jawbreaker etc...

Surely this is down to some journalist or something, like there is also myriad "-core" bands just made to confuse everything and everyone.
Go Forth & Die

Team \m/ Olive

X

red X of DOOOOOOM!
its not like racism at all. some genres are clearly superior to others
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Quote by MHDrunk
its not like racism at all. some genres are clearly superior to others

i smell a troll
come on man surely your not that shallow minded

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
i h8 wen my parents say that metal is all noise and that i should listen
to music with more dynamic like their f***** 50's BullS***, metal has
tons of dynamic, their just too aragont to be bbothered listeing to it
Check my profile...
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
i smell a troll
come on man surely your not that shallow minded

its a pretty fuckin straight forward idea. and you're an idiot if you don't agree
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

Quote by MHDrunk
its a pretty fuckin straight forward idea. and you're an idiot if you don't agree

lol ok your definatly a troll

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Spooni_Shaq
lol ok your definatly a troll

you're definitely an idiot...

Quote by MHDrunk
you're definitely an idiot...

touche' i'll stop feeding you now.

Quote by dehollister

HE'LL DO IT

Quote by Kensai