lol I know it sounds stupid but what do I do with it? do I try and match the tempo with a song I know and play the song with it lol? I'm sorry please don't dis me I know how it sounds but can some help? what do u guys do with urs or what would u do if u had one? I bought it to help my timing and improvising and stuff but how do I use it to do that?
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Oct 6, 2008,
oh god is that one of the gay little 4/4 things with really simple beats?
"We carry death out of the village!"
you have bought a drum machine and you dont know what to do with it??
why did you buy it?? to decorate your house??
well depends on what you want to play, my advise is stear clear of any 4/4 beat generators, i hate them Thus why i compose my own drum tracks and program them my slef ON A COMPUTER so much better
Quote by sbikram
you have bought a drum machine and you dont know what to do with it??
why did you buy it?? to decorate your house??

nah dude ppl have told me that u use them to practice and as a more interesting metronome and that it helps with rhythm and timing and stuff so just wondering since I have never had a metronome lol
Last edited by xXguitard00dXx at Oct 6, 2008,
Quote by Marskell
well depends on what you want to play, my advise is stear clear of any 4/4 beat generators, i hate them Thus why i compose my own drum tracks and program them my slef ON A COMPUTER so much better

really well see the thing is is my computer is upstairs and my guitar is down so I don't always bother bringing it upstairs and it only cost me $99 ausd of ebay so I can always sell it. I just want to know not how to operate it I know that I read the instructions I just want to know how to like improvise with it and practice scales or whatever I'm not sure that's why I'm asking please help I know I sound stupid =(
well first put on a simple beat and the play
thats basically how to go
Quote by Marskell
well first put on a simple beat and the play
thats basically how to go

does it need to be in the right key with the drum machine?
seriously, drums have no key, the players just adjust the tone to their own sound like's just play!
Quote by Marskell
seriously, drums have no key, the players just adjust the tone to their own sound like's just play!

aww thanks so much man here I was think I have to play in the right key and that made me really confused lol sorry guys =)
Quote by snowjay
drum key:

HELL YES WIN WIN WIN!
Quote by xXguitard00dXx
nah dude ppl have told me that u use them to practice and as a more interesting metronome and that it helps with rhythm and timing and stuff so just wondering since I have never had a metronome lol
The ppl are right. However, you may not know how out of tempo you are unless you record yourself and listen. Just play along with the beat and your temp will improve. Good move buying a drum machine. Even a multifx with a rhythm machine is great for practice.