hey i have a danelectro FAB overdrive, and its not great, but its worth the $15 i spent on it. that and my amps overdrive feature is worse than an mg, so this is pretty important. anyway, sometimes my sound just dies and no signal comes through at all. sometimes nudging it with my foot brings it back, but this seems to be happening more and more lately. any ideas about what might be rong/how i can fix it?

(oh, and the nearest store is a days drive away, so keep that in mind)
the inputs on those pedals are plastic. it's a cute little pedal but it's not a long time fix.

you can check your cables, use an alternate power source, or check for loose jacks, but when it's said and done, it might just be the pedal.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Just try troubleshooting your setup, plug in without the pedal, just straight from guitar to amp, with both of your cables repsectively, so you eliminate the possibilities of it being a lead problem, and if you get signal, you know it's either the pedal or the power source. If you are using a battery for your power source, chuck in a 9V DC centre negative adapter (you should have one somewhere in the house), check the label and then, if that doesn't work, you then know it's the pedal that is malfunctional.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
+1 jj1565

loose or dying battery was my first thought. Is this plugged into AC power? Cables are cheap too so you can always try swapping that out. Digitech Bad Monkey is $50 and worth every penny.

Incubusman beat me to it with a better detail than I.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
+1 jj1565

loose or dying battery was my first thought. Is this plugged into AC power? Cables are cheap too so you can always try swapping that out. Digitech Bad Monkey is $50 and worth every penny.

Incubusman beat me to it with a better detail than I.

+2
Quote by ihavenoname93
hey i have a danelectro FAB overdrive, and its not great, but its worth the $15 i spent on it. that and my amps overdrive feature is worse than an mg, so this is pretty important. anyway, sometimes my sound just dies and no signal comes through at all. sometimes nudging it with my foot brings it back, but this seems to be happening more and more lately. any ideas about what might be rong/how i can fix it?

(oh, and the nearest store is a days drive away, so keep that in mind)

I have that same problem with my DS-1...but as of late it really hasn't problematic at all.
well ive tried running my cables direct to my amp, and they work fine. so its not them. this is a cheap pedal though, i cant expect much i guess.
do you plug it in and out quite a bit? It is possible that a connector in the pedal has become loose. It is possible your cable wire has become twisted and only pronounces itself with the pedal. Did you check the battery? If something is loose in the pedal kicking it isn't going to help. You 'might' be able to fix this yourself, but I don't own one.