Page 1 of 3
Ergh, drink driving sickens me. Did you watch the video? That's crazy...

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I dunno about a bullet to his head; 7 years is fair.

It wasn't intentional, he was drink-driving, something which far too many people do, and the fact that he's a football player shouldn't even come into it. And plus, he pleaded guilty.

7 years is absolutely fair and expected.
Quote by EnglEd
He should get a bullet in his head.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7654430.stm

Footballers are a law unto themselves.

You know it's kind of retarded to say that immediately after posting a link showing that in fact, footballers are not a law unto themselves and are subject to laws like everybody else.

But we appreciate the sentiment.

And no, he should not be shot, that is arguably a little extreme.

EDIT: According to the guy, it was the fact that he fell asleep that caused the crash. Driving tired probably kills as many people as driving drunk.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
no definately should bring back the death penalty there is no law and order anymore even compared to like 7-8 years ago.
Aye just heard this one Radio 1. Remember when it happened, it's a damned shame.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by EnglEd
no definately should bring back the death penalty there is no law and order anymore even compared to like 7-8 years ago.

bullshit.

killing someone makes you just as bad as the criminal
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
bullshit.

killing someone makes you just as bad as the criminal

bullshit.

they need to die.
Quote by EnglEd
bullshit.

they need to die.

what gives you the right to say whether someone deserves to live or die?

how would you be any better than him if you sentence him to death? fair enough you're only extinguishing one life, compared to his 2. but you'd be a murderer nevertheless.

EDIT: awesome, you're a multi

*ban*

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Oct 6, 2008,
Quote by Lemoninfluence

how would you be any better than him if you sentence him to death? fair enough you're only extinguishing one life, compared to his 2. but you'd be a murderer nevertheless.

*ban*

His point may be that you'd be sentencing a wreckless killer to death, not two innocent children like he did... (not saying I agree)
^^Yeah, but it's a difference when you're killing someone who's not innocent.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Hultan
^^Yeah, but it's a difference when you're killing someone who's not innocent.

no it's not.

murder is the killing of someone with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm. how is a death sentence not murder?

if someone murdered a crack addict does it make it any less of a murder?

Quote by element4433
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Oct 6, 2008,
Yeah. We would have one less crack addict, dragging down our society.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Lets not have this reoccurring argument that is completely based on opinions. There's no point.
Quote by Hultan

*resists*.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone

Lets not have this reoccurring argument that is completely based on opinions. There's no point.

I agree. Either way, I think we can all agree that this is a sad happening.
Quote by Lemoninfluence

*ban*

so ur basically saying if someone goes on a killing spree and murders 20 people, then the world doesnt have the right to kill that bitch? so that makes the person who ended his sad life a murderer?

exactly

dumbass
Quote by Lemoninfluence
no it's not.

murder is the killing of someone with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm. how is a death sentence not murder?

if someone murdered a crack addict does it make it any less of a murder?

yes
Quote by codynw42
so ur basically saying if someone goes on a killing spree and murders 20 people, then the world doesnt have the right to kill that bitch? so that makes the person who ended his sad life a murderer?

exactly

dumbass

If taking the life of those 20 people was wrong, what would be right about taking the life of the person that killed them?
Quote by codynw42

exactly

dumbass

how is the person who ends that murderer's life not a murderer?

go on, explain.

explain how the deceased's actions negate the fact that the 'executioner' has killed him with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.

don't resort to name calling it only weakens your position.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Spamwise
If taking the life of those 20 people was wrong, what would be right about taking the life of the person that killed them?

Well, it's not really the exact same thing.

A guy horrifically kills 50 innocent kids.

A guy killing a guy who horrifically killed 50 innocent kids.

Spot how things differ.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████

You'll Never Walk Alone
Quote by Lemoninfluence

go on, explain.

explain how the deceased's actions negate the fact that the 'executioner' has killed him with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm.

Because murder is an unlawful killing, being sentenced to death by a court of law is not unlawful
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by kidsilcon
Well, it's not really the exact same thing.

Spot how things differ.

I agree, it's not the same.

the first guy should receive 50 life sentences and the second should receive 1.

it's still murder. the only thing that differs is the amount of murder, and that should be reflected by the punishment.

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence
I agree, it's not the same.

the first guy should receive 50 life sentences and the second should receive 1.

it's still murder. the only thing that differs is the amount of murder, and that should be reflected by the punishment.

Well, in reality they still get the same amount of punishment, but I agree.
Quote by Bendybaws
Because murder is an unlawful killing, being sentenced to death by a court of law is not unlawful

so if all law relating to homicide was revoked, killing someone would be ok?

Quote by element4433
Quote by Lemoninfluence

go on, explain.

Think about it this way. Kill the one who murdered 20 people, or let him live and possibly kill again wasting more INNOCENT lives.
Quote by Spamwise
Well, in reality they still get the same amount of punishment, but I agree.

not in the UK. a life sentence isn't always 'in jail until they die'. in most cases the only thing that's decided is the minimum term, then it's decided whether or not it's safe to release them.

Quote by Hatebreeder1018
Think about it this way. Kill the one who murdered 20 people, or let him live and possibly kill again wasting more INNOCENT lives.

putting him in prison has the same effect

Quote by element4433
Quote by Hatebreeder1018

Or lock him up.

not in the UK. a life sentence isn't always 'in jail until they die'. in most cases the only thing that's decided is the minimum term, then it's decided whether or not it's safe to release them.

Ohh, I see.

What if the killer is some kind of mastermind and escapes prison?

That rarely ever happens, and most get captured within a day or two anyway.
Quote by codynw42

exactly

dumbass

Yup, now you get it.

Quote by kidsilcon

Spot how things differ.

Without getting emotional, spot how things differ.

Quote by Bendybaws

A convenience of definitions that exists only to justify what the state does or has done in the past.

Quote by Hatebreeder1018

We're not suggesting that he wanders the streets afterwards. It's quite possible to put people in this funny place called PRISON where they can't hurt other people.

Quote by Hultan

Emotionally and intellectually stunted fools like you arguably do a lot more damage.

Quote by Hatebreed1018

...You were joking, right?
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Hatebreeder1018

what if he's innocent, but still convicted?

what's to stop him escaping from prison before he's put to death?

Quote by element4433
Quote by Hatebreeder1018
They usually dont put people to death until they are proved guilty.

you're not meant to convict people until they're proven guilty. but it still happens.

Quote by element4433

We're not suggesting that he wanders the streets afterwards. It's quite possible to put people in this funny place called PRISON where they can't hurt other people.[/quot]
Good to hear he's gone to prison. So sad especially as they were so young, and on the way to see the best show on Earth.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I personally like the idea of an-eye-for-an-eye when it comes to murder, if you murder someone intentionally or under the influence of something you willingly took, like this case. I can barely think of any accidental scenarios except for like...a construction worker getting run over by a bulldozer or something with the thing that scoops up dirt in the driver's way and what not. In other words if it was an accident, then its an accident, those happen and while it sucks, shit does happen and when it happens, you can't do much about it. Now in this case, I do agree with the death penalty, first of all its taxpayer's money keeping this guy in prison I assume, I'm not British someone please correct me if I'm wrong, 2, it was his fault for getting into a vehicle with liquor in his system, hell even when I'm drunk I wont dare to touch a steering wheel whatsoever because I know what can happen even when I'm extremely out of it, so it was poor judgement and poor education on his part and didn't restrain himself even after a friend pleaded him to stop driving. That's enough for me to say, kid you're done, not only did you take the life of 1, but you took another one also, that's un-forgivable for anyone given the circumstances of this case. Besides it would basically tell every other citizen "shit, you know...they'll kill you if you drink and drive and kill someone" and it would keep them in line, because fear keeps people in line, especially when their life is at risk. Sorry to be such a heartless person, but I think its justified that if you kill someone due to poor judgement and decision making after someone pleaded you not to, you deserve to die. That's the way I see it.
Quote by Hatebreeder1018
Yeah your not meant to but police here don't care and do anyway.

So you pretty much just destroyed your own point, then.
Page 1 of 3