ok so im fairly new to the program audacity, but after i record something and i go to play it back, the sound is very "tinny" and high pitched, sounds nothing at all like what im playing. Is there a setting i have to change on the program? anyone with experience please help. more than anything im just messing around with it, not recording anything serious.
Quote by james4
what mic are you using?

and wrong forum..

yeah sorry about that, i was thinking maybe it should go in the recording forum? anyways, its just the built in mic on my computer, again this is nothing serious. However, ive recorded some stuff on this mic before and its played back fine on like windows media player. My guess is that the way audacity formats the audio file frigs up the recorded sound because it is such a low-quality mike. i dunno thats just a guess
Shit mic, shit software. That's why.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
need to get you a get somethin like a line 6 tone port or something like that that has amp models on it that will help
im in the fastlane on the highway to hell
Quote by syd-young
need to get you a get somethin like a line 6 tone port or something like that that has amp models on it that will help

qft.

Love the toneport. Sounds shite with it's cabinate modelling on though.