So i was getting my guitar back which i was lending to my friend. On the way back (me sitting in the passenger seat at the back of course) i decided to take the guitar into the car with me, just to see if it would work.

I put on the seatbelt ok and sat with the guitar and i could play just fine, there was enough room and everything. The problem was that i couldnt hear myself playing because the noise of the car is too loud. I was thinking of connecting my pocket pod up in the car and connecting headphones to it.. I was wondering though, would I probably get stopped by the police or something?? Has anyone else tried this?? Would be nice for those long car journeys.
I've done it a few times in my Dads car, not like, amped or anything, it's actually pretty tricky when you're in the front!
But it's possible.

I also do it all the time when waiting to get onto the Ferry to Ireland when we go, you get some stares but it passes that half hour!

I don't know if there are any laws against it, but the number one rule, if they don't see it, it's not illegal.
I actually have tried this. But while driving.

Going 60 down a highway with your guitar neck out the window isnt too fun.
yeah man I do it on the way to lousiana every spring break in my buddys armada and its got a bose sound system it in and i hook that up hry my gear bo and use my laptop as the preamp and it sounds great.. but as far as it being illegal i dont think it is s long as its not a distraction to the driver.
im in the fastlane on the highway to hell
It would certainly be illegal if it wasn't properly attached to you. It could go flying off if you had to brake suddenly and do real damage!
Quote by circus musician
It would certainly be illegal if it wasn't properly attached to you. It could go flying off if you had to brake suddenly and do real damage!

it isnt illegal to have damaging things like that in a car.

why would they care? its a personal risk. pens could be harmful, but of course its legal.
Quote by neojazzical
I actually have tried this. But while driving.

Going 60 down a highway with your guitar neck out the window isnt too fun.

I thought I was the only one whos done that!

I want to try it with a pickup truck, and a drumset/drummer in the bed..
I would say, so long as you arent the driver, and it is all fitted properlly, then it should be fine. But then i would also think that they would prefer it if you were in the back seats, so that you didnt distract the driver aswell, also making sure that wires arent in the way of the handbrake, etc.

I personally would put it as legal if all of the above were the rules.
Google it possibly?
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
I've played acustic guitar on the backseat a few times......

I've actually been thinking about installing the proper wires to hook up my electric to my car stereo

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
I did that once in my friend's car. Some Chili Peppers came on the radio so I started playing Scar Tissue.