What are peoples generally thoughts on these amps? I am considering to get an Orange Crush 15. I know they are soild state but Orange has a good rep for their amps and i was wondering if it was worth it. I am looking for something with good cleans and dirty cleans. I am debating if i should just get a small tube (like 5-10 watts) or this. I'm mostly useing it to play southern rock, blues and stuff like that, no metal or anything that requires high gain/ distortion.

So are they like the average solid state P.O.S. amps or are they worth my time?
It's little more than a Marshall MG without the effects and in Orange tolex. You're paying for the name and looks. If you want to play southern rock and blues, a small tube amp and/or a cheap OD pedal would be a much better choice in terms of value and tone.
Well for pedals I'm useing a Boss BD 2 Blues Driver and a DS 1 pedal, if that helps out.

I really don't need any modeling/built in effects on it or anything.
Quote by CJRocker
It's little more than a Marshall MG without the effects and in Orange tolex. You're paying for the name and looks. If you want to play southern rock and blues, a small tube amp and/or a cheap OD pedal would be a much better choice in terms of value and tone.

Ive actually played this amp, and while no, it doesnt compare to its bigger brothers, its definitely a good amp, still, I dont know the price, though, so I cant say whether or not its worth it.
i'd just say stick with tube. u can get a fender blues jr. for 350 bucks
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Blackheart BH-5 is great for both blues and southern rock. The cleans are nice and thick, and have a nice POP to them. Can't really explain it better than that, I think. Very dynamic, very bluesy.

It's hella loud, though. I play cleans with volume at about 2-3 on 3 watt mode for bedroom levels. I have an attenuator so I can crank it. 3 watt mode is where I find most of my favorite tones, since it's less modern sounding than the 5 watt mode.

As far as headroom, with aggressive picking you can make it lightly break up even at only 2 on the volume. Normal playing, it starts around 5.
Last edited by Vykk Draygo at Oct 6, 2008,
I have it. It's not too bad with some decent pedals. But it definitely doesnt compare to anything tube.
Quote by GuitarHero0715
Ive actually played this amp, and while no, it doesnt compare to its bigger brothers, its definitely a good amp, still, I dont know the price, though, so I cant say whether or not its worth it.

The Orange Crush 15r runs for ~$120. The regular Crush 15 runs for ~$100. I've had one for about half a year now, and It's pretty decent.

Cleans on it are pretty amazing. I had a JBP strat copy that sounded absolutely AMAZING on clean. I don't really play blues or anything, so I don't know if the avaliable distortion on the amp is enough. I play hardcore, so I would think that it would need to have a little, and I mean little more gain added to it. But I think it could get some pretty good blues tones and some "dirty" cleans.

And as a matter of fact, I'm talking to someone about getting a cab, and If I get the cab, I will need to sell my orange for a head.

But I'll be honest, I don't like the tone that much, but there's a great possibility that my guitar is not suited for the style I play (It's a no-name telecaster and I play Hardcore/Screamo with it! =P ) But like I said, I had a no-name strat and the cleans sounded so amazing that I was considering NOT selling it and using the strat as my main guitar!
Quote by CrazyDavey
I guarantee that no guy in here would say no if they were offered the chance to have sex with her. This being The Pit... horny virgins galore :]