Well, i couldnt really find a thread directly related to tube changing, and if i may have missed it, i apologize.

Anyway, i hardly use my tube amp, maybe twice a week at band practice, and ive had it less than a year, but i eventually noticed when i went above 3 on the volume knob, the sound got terrible and very distorted. (not the good kind of distortion from volume cranking) and even on the lower volumes, i realized my tone has significantly decreased.

oh, and my standby/power light isnt working, but im pretty sure thats irrelevant.

anyways, is this what signifies that the tubes need to be changed? i'll know what to change them with after looking up the compatible tubes in the manual for the amp, but how do i know which ones i need to change? the power tubes, preamp tubes? help is greatly appreciated!
you can look at what's going on with the tubes, after you turn on the amp, but check out the tubes sticky at the top of the page.
they'll make sure you get the best tubes for your style of play.

those guys will help you out, with changing them too.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
alright ill check it out
and i dunno about trying different tubes, because i dont know anything about getting an amp biased or any of that
everythings lit up, power tubes and preamp tubes. could this be a problem that isnt tube related? please help!
well the problem seems a little vague, it could be anything. a bad guitar cable, a loose guitar jack wire.
but i guess most likely would be the tubes.

have you tried a different guitar thru that amp?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
well the problem seems a little vague, it could be anything. a bad guitar cable, a loose guitar jack wire.
but i guess most likely would be the tubes.

have you tried a different guitar thru that amp?

i havent, but i have tried the same guitar through a different amp.. and it sounded great. i dont have another guitar to test atm. im pretty sure its the amp.

and thanks kevin, ill give the site a look!