Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
You have been waiting on this thing FOREVER! Still waiting to see one around

I agree. I finally found one w/ a Kustom cab. at a local dealer (it's being shipped right now, I have first dibs) $2,200 for the halfstack.
I'm still debating whether or not to pull the trigger.
What did you think of the clips?
Currently at work minus speakers....I'll give you my verdict in a couple hours....promise
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by ShredGod George
sounds great, demo guy looks like brian posehn

That's James Brown. He actually designed the original 5150 for Eddie and Peavey.
Quote by Bloodshed
You have been waiting on this thing FOREVER! Still waiting to see one around

I take it you've read the back and forth I've had with James @ HCAF. I'm either buying this or the Peters Chimera. I'm still torn. Both James' have been completely cool to me though. I'm really confused.
Wish I could afford both.
/\/\/\

Naw, he needs to be hairier and sweatier.

Doesn't sound like a half bad amp. I'm sure it sounds a helluva lot better in person, but the gain had a lot of clarity to it.
Last edited by RG_FANMAN at Oct 6, 2008,
i've always loved kustom amps. even the lower end solid states.

this thing looks amazing. its too bad he didn't REALLY give a demo on the clean tone.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a post from James about the videos-

I think the important thing to note on this amp is that all those EQ settings were almost straight up. I tried to come up with starting points that would work well for most people, but you still have plenty of room to play around. The presence, for instance, allows some cut as well as boost, so you can really dial in the in-your-faceness with that.

Also, my main point for all the switches was to give you REAL control over how the distortion works rather than just some EQ and Gain settings like most amps have. It just makes more sense than me guessing whether you like more buzzy highs, or more singing highs, a tight lowend, or a more full looser feeling low end.....stuff like that. With the Cross switches, the amp literally responds differently to how you play, and it passes your tone right through to the speaker.

I've noticed that no matter who I have play through the amp, it doesn't mask them too much......I can always hear their 'hand tone' coming through the amp. The same thing holds true with different guitars--since the amp still has a lot of dynamics, it kind of draws attention to the guitar's differences rather than hiding them. So I consider it to be a big success to have this much gain and heaviness without losing all your personality that comes from your hands and how you attack and mute the strings. And when I hit it harder, it actually gets louder. So far that's the thing that gets players who've tried it....they can immediately feel a different connection than they're used to from other high gain amps.

James B
Kustom
WOW. I'm impressed. I wanna hear the cleans though, and a bit of chugga chugga would be sweet. I think its a neat concept though and can't wait to try one.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
WOW. I'm impressed. I wanna hear the cleans though, and a bit of chugga chugga would be sweet. I think its a neat concept though and can't wait to try one.

Same here. I will have a chance to play it sometime this week. I think I'm about to go really broke.
VHT is gonna make me broke. So much for saving for the marriage
╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣

The MXR Lounge
Quote by Bloodshed
VHT is gonna make me broke. So much for saving for the marriage

Marriage is highly overrated get the amp trust me But make sure you put it in the prenup lol
Ehhh...

I'm not digging it. That's a little too mid-heavy for me. No thanks.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Damn. That's pretty awesome sounding.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.