Everyone knows The White Stripes rock, but Jack White with Brendan Benson could be the best duo on stage. I just saw them at ACL (Austin City Limits) festival and their show was AMAZING. Is anyone doing it better? If you think so, I want to hear them.
Well personally, I think the White Stripes are better (though not their last two efforts.) Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Subways, etc. I think the Raconteurs have sound but few songs.
Epiphone Dot-335
Fender USA Tele
'82 30th anniversary Les Paul goldtop
1965 pre-CBS Fender Jaguar

Crybaby
TS-9
turbo rat
Ge-7
+many more

Fender Twin Reverb
King's Full-tube 100 watt half stack. - £300
Jack White is a God but i don't know that I'd call them the best modern rock band
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
To be honest your statement is ridiculous. How can you say that. There is no best duo on stage. You must think before act or i will give you a verbal slap. There musical skill is not that high anyway. In that sense RHCP could have the title, if it was as in their onstage banter then Tenacious D would. But you cant make that decision so shhhh.
I guess you're right. I should clarify that when I say best duo I mean musically, not theatrically. It's just been a while since a modern rock band got me completely into their music. These guys have done it though. They incorporate many instruments and sounds in their work, not just your standard "1-4-5" 4 piece band. Which two are you referring to from Red Hot? Flea and Anthony? Obviously just a personal opinion. I may be having after effects of a great festival diluting my opinion as well...
Quote by mon_the_fraser
To be honest your statement is ridiculous. How can you say that. There is no best duo on stage. You must think before act or i will give you a verbal slap. There musical skill is not that high anyway. In that sense RHCP could have the title, if it was as in their onstage banter then Tenacious D would. But you cant make that decision so shhhh.

RHCP have been around for 25 years, he's talking about new bands, like are the raconteurs the best new band.
IMO they are my favorite "new" band but there are better bands.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
Quote by DownInAHole.
I enjoy them, but there are way better bands at the moment.

I'm sure you're right. Who can you think of off the top of your head? I'm interested in listening. I haven't been into much new mainstream music lately. Mostly just local indie.
Well, my opinion doesn't mean much, but I enjoy anything progressive or experimental. I listen to a little bit of modern rock, not nearly as much as I used to. There's a band based out of Chicago called Born of Osiris, which is essentially progressive hardcore and they're sick as hell. If you can get past the vocals and focus on the instrumentation, it's truly some of the best composing I've heard in years. I also have been listening to alot of Boards of Canada lately and even Aphex Twin and they all make some fantastic music, however, when I look at modern bands that I particularly enjoy I stick to Raconteurs (like you say), The Cab (pop-punk), Ben Folds, My Morning Jacket, Wilco, etc... I listen to too many styles of music to narrow it down to one.
LOL
Agreed. I'm not sure how anyone can say they're a fan of music these days and not enjoy multiple styles. I'll definitely check out Born of Osiris. A band local to Austin that sounds like what you're describing is Haunting Oboe Music. I'd suggest them to most rock fans. They seem to have something for everyone. Oh how the internet has made the music world so much smaller. Wow Aphex Twin. That's a blast from the past. I'll have to dig up my techno mix tapes. Seriously. They're tapes. (Side Note: GO COWBOYS!)