Hey dudes, I know almost nothing about Fender, but today someone offered me a Fender Telecaster for £100 because of the simple fact that they have given up playing.

Is that a good price?

Thanks in advance.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
that is the most amazing price i have ever seen offered for a mexican tele.
£100 is like how much you would pay for a squire strat. i would seriously take the offer if you've got the money. By the way, check the guitar out before you buy it.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
that's a steal! If you don't want it, direct them to me!
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Thanks guys, Yeah it is a real Fender. I will give it the once over when I see it, make sure neck is straight, etc...

I thought it was cheap just thought I would check. lol.
Quote by sashki
judging by these 'ranks', I guess you were looking at Gibson guitars.

In that case, it goes (worst --> best)
special --> studio --> standard --> custom

When Gibson calls something "special", it's special in the way a retarded kid is.
Yeah its a very good deal, hope everythings in order with the guitar
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
i think they go for just under £300 new (in the UK) if you shop around... i'd say that's a pretty good price, assuming it's in decent condition...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't even like Telecasters, and I would buy it anyway. 200 bucks is nothing in the world of guitars like Gibson, Fender, etc... DO IT.

INTOLERANCE IS IGNORANCE

Quote by kosmic
Holy Moses.
haha
Wow I want it, Andertons do them new for £269 at the moment, on a special offer.