Hello there
ill start off with my current gear.
guitar: supreme blackdevil les paul
amp: roland micro cube

So i want better sound and more effects, and an option to record what i play on the pc would be great. Anyway what do you recommend? New Amplifier? New pickups? (im not buying a new guitar for a while though). I was thinking about getting some kind of device that alouds me to plug my guitar in to the computer, like BEHRINGER V-AMP2 or Waves/PRS GTR Waves/PRS GTR

I would prefer a cheaper alternative, say $100-$175.
The Digitech RP series can act as a recording device. Just have to have software that detects it. Kristal Audio Engine works in that regard (and it's free). Gotta buy a USB cable though, since the RPs doesn't come with one.

Edit: And with something like the RP series, you can play through the RP, out to the computer and the amp at the same time. So you could cut down latency by disabling playback.
Last edited by Vykk Draygo at Oct 6, 2008,
try and get a used line 6 pod xt live. that will help for recording. if you want a great live sound though, you're going to have to get a new amp.

i recorded the song in my profile with the pod if you want to hear the quality.
Quote by sowhat360
try and get a used line 6 pod xt live. that will help for recording. if you want a great live sound though, you're going to have to get a new amp.

i recorded the song in my profile with the pod if you want to hear the quality.

nah i would prefer something cheaper
your not going to improve the sound of the micro cube by spending $175 on more junk...
best thing to do would to save up and get like a floor board or something
Guitar Rig 3 Ftw!
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    Quote by strat07
    Guitar Rig 3 Ftw!

Yes. Guitar Rig, the Peavey modeling software, a used POD...

you aren't going to get better sound with a Digitech RP Pedal. Nor with cheap software. Bite the bullet and pony up.
    I'm putting my GAS on hold
    for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
    Windows XP, Vista, or Linux will all automatically detect the Digitech RP series or the lower end USB Zoom multiFX as "USB Audio devices". They can be used to record with free Audacity or any other recording program. If you want to record your cheapest method will be to buy a good quality cardoid condensor USB podcast mic (such as Samson CO1U) or a low end multiFX unit and a USB cable to connect to the amp, or a guitar port or something like that.
    Quote by theoreticmusic
    Yes. Guitar Rig, the Peavey modeling software, a used POD...

so basically i can buy a cheaper pod, or something else that alouds me to plug in my guitar in the pc, and buy only buy the guitar rig Software, and that would work ok?
    If you buy a Pod, you don't need to buy GuitarRig. If you buy something else to plug in your guitar, you need GuitarRig (look at the USB Stealthplug). You'll also need something like Audacity (which is free) for recording and playback.
    I'm putting my GAS on hold
    for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.