How has immigration affected your country/ region?

For me in the UK, its been a bit of a mix. You can't go into any supermarket or even cornershop these days without seeing a Polish section. Every high school, primary school and college has at least a few Eastern Europeans. Alot of Eastern European construction workers about these days as well.

However this is only recently, for a long time its been Asians. Alot of skilled doctors, GP's, surgeons and dentists are Asian where I'm from. My college has a very high percentage of Asian students.

None of this is a problem to me, I see alot of the benefits of a culturally diverse society.

What about the rest of you?

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

The NHS would have died decades ago if it wasn't for the influx of Asian Doctors. Take that BNP!

In Scotland immigration is important, we have an aging population so we need a healthy influx of immigrants to come pay taxes to keep the old folks in knitwear and bunnets.
It hasn't affected me.

Edit: there is this really cool, hot Brazilian in my history class. She frequents 4chan. *Paradoxes cool and /b/*
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by freedoms_stain
The NHS would have died decades ago if it wasn't for the influx of Asian Doctors. Take that BNP!

In Scotland immigration is important, we have an aging population so we need a healthy influx of immigrants to come pay taxes to keep the old folks in knitwear and bunnets.

Same over here. Apparently, without immigration, the UK would have a natrual decrease in population, cos' birth rates are so low.
D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

As long as they make themselfs useful to my country, and they dont just treat us all like trash, and end up saying "my country is better than this" then im fine.

But to be honest if you come here illegally.. you should be sent back.

But if those people feel like that, then they can go running back to their country for all i care.
Fender Special Edition Custom Telecaster FMT HH in Crimson Red
Reverend Sensei HB FM in Tobacco Burst
Fender Vintage C Neck, HH, Surf Green Nitrocellulose (Handmade)

Egnater Rebel-30 MKI Head
Egnater Tourmaster Series 412B 280W 4x12 Cabinet
oh btw. the NHS is going down (i.e privatisation) in 20 years its inevitable...this coming from the same asian doctors employed by them
A lot of Polish immigrants do the work British people refuse to do for less pay.

They don't really take our jobs, as few of them are skilled workers in the legal profession/medical profession or anything like that.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
Well, I'm seeing a lot more burkha clad muslims around and I'm starting to see signs written in Polish.

I think it's high time the UK put a limit on immigration.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Not too many immigrants in my area, and they mostly keep to themselves

Quote by GrEgUms1991
I dont see the problem if they make themselves useful.

Agreed

EDIT
Quote by thedudemeister
I think it's high time the UK put a limit on immigration.

There is a limit, I think infinity - 1 was agreed on
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
Last edited by Perfection 101 at Oct 6, 2008,
Don't mind immigrants, as long as they consider this their country and don't bitch about how it's worse than the old one.

Also, illegal immigrants
I wouldn't even exist without it.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Hmm
As an Asian Immigrant in the UK (who's been here since 97 and is pretty much a naturalised Brit) I can only say immigration is a good thing. It gives hardworking families like mine a chance to make something of themselves. Luckily my parents were skilled, and they worked in relatively high jobs as soon as we got here. So we're not stinking rich but we're really not all that bad off
Though I do think every kid that lives in the UK needs to learn English. Maybe it's my own prejudice. As soon as I got here I decided not to be a burden to anyone and to just learn the damn language! I've even got the "posh" accent naturally

Only down side is how the right-wingers are using anything and everything as fuel. That survey that came out recently about how 3/4 births in NHS Hospitals are to foreign mothers. Or about how in certain schools, the kids speak 23 languages but not English etc.
Apart from that I'm gonna take a bold step and say this country is made out of immigrant labour! The Asian and African doctors in the NHS, the Polish who build our houses (I love the Poles...) and every other person who comes into this country to give something to it, and who rightly get something back.
Here's to ****in Immigration
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I wouldn't even exist without it.

Oh yeah, me and all Brits as well.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I live in London and there are Polish shops EVERYWHERE
My college is about 90% black
Also, 20 minutes down the road is Southall which is almost entirely Asian, every shop is Asian. We often play games of 'spot the white person' on the bus ride through the area to band practice
I don't mean to be racist by any of this by the way
It's just funny to us after a while, we went into a fish and chip shop called 'Gary's British chippy' and there was an Indian family running it
ohai little sig.
Here in South Africa there is alot of immagration too but from people that lived in Zimbabwe
Quote by PrimalScreamer
Hey TS i just stole your girlfriends wallet and found what seems to be your balls inside.

Gear:
Guitars
Stagg H300 GBK
Framus Nashville
Samick Malibu
Strat/SG Faded Custom
Hopf Acoustic
Hopf Semi Acoustic
Amp
Peavey Deuce Series
Quote by Demonikk
Also, 20 minutes down the road is Southall which is almost entirely Asian, every shop is Asian. We often play games of 'spot the white person' on the bus ride through the area to band practice
It's just funny to us after a while, we went into a fish and chip shop called 'Gary's British chippy' and there was an Indian family running it

What's your opinion though? Are you saying it's a bad thing?

Where I live we have few asian families and fewer black people.
90% of people where I live are caucasian, British people.

RMF

just before i left college the Taiwanese raided the school.

We pretty much got Zerg rushed Taiwanese style

forgive me if im being offensive to anyone here.

its 8:30am and i cant sleep because its raining like a bitch, have to make sure the water stays below 2 inches otherwise it fúcks up the floor and gets in my cupboard
Quote by Demonikk
We often play games of 'spot the white person' on the bus ride through the area to band practice

I often enjoy a game whenever I'm passing through Wolverhampton. Highest score so far is 13
Quote by SlackerBabbath
This from a country who're trying to make up for being late for the last two world wars by being really early for the next one?

Quote by konfyouzd
i think this is my favorite post of the day

Quote by Benguitar2
You ****ing pwn.

Awesome, dude, just awesome.
In Italy where I live is full of black people and Chineses, especially on big cities.
Quote by Perfection 101
I often enjoy a game whenever I'm passing through Wolverhampton. Highest score so far is 13

I remember seeing a bus going to Hounslow (full of asians/immigrants etc.) and everyone on it was black/asian.

I went to the cinema with my friend at like 9pm on a sunday night once, we were making jokes about being stabbed by chavs, I was immensly suprised to see the entire cinema packed full of asian people.
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Demonikk

loool Hi5. I am Indian and I ABOSLUTELY ****ING HATE SOUTHALL, I mean I came to England to see white ppl not another Indian guy but seriously the way ppl behave in southall is disssgusting...(I lived there for a year)
Quote by Renfordoggz
loool Hi5. I am Indian and I ABOSLUTELY ****ING HATE SOUTHALL, I mean I came to England to see white ppl not another Indian guy but seriously the way ppl behave in southall is disssgusting...(I lived there for a year)

Well overall my opinions is it's a good thing if it's done legally but there has been a re-emergence of Tuberculosis (I think it's that one) in Southall due to it being brought over by illegal immigrants
I have no problem with immigrants so long as they don't **** the place up
ohai little sig.
I love black people. And Asian people. And, let's face it... people!!! So I'm happy.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

I live in Ireland and the problem with being in the E.U is that anybody from any other E.U country can come over here and claim welfare. It could drain the economy. Most immigrants have jobs here though so its not really a problem
Quote by Demonikk
Well overall my opinions is it's a good thing if it's done legally but there has been a re-emergence of Tuberculosis (I think it's that one) in Southall due to it being brought over by illegal immigrants
I have no problem with immigrants so long as they don't **** the place up

lol my thoughts exactly..it's the spitting on the street which pisses me off. Oh btw are you sure it's TB because Camden has a major problem with TB not Southall (as far as I know though)
Quote by ryangethinwilli
England is full
No immigrants please (Y)

Shut up.

RMF

Quote by Renfordoggz
lol my thoughts exactly..it's the spitting on the street which pisses me off. Oh btw are you sure it's TB because Camden has a major problem with TB not Southall (as far as I know though)

I've heard from many people it's Southall too, and someone I know caught it after a visit to a piercing parlour there
ohai little sig.
Go stimulate your own ****ing economy.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
I've always found that the people I know who are against immigration etc. are usually the kind of people who I wouldn't want in this country.

I'm all for immigration. It helps with cultural diversity, boosts the economy with a large amount of skilled workers and further develops the country.

I don't think it's a problem in the U.K at all; I think the attitude of some of the people that live here is the problem.
Quote by the_astronaut
I've always found that the people I know who are against immigration etc. are usually the kind of people who I wouldn't want in this country.

I'm all for immigration. It helps with cultural diversity, boosts the economy with a large amount of skilled workers and further develops the country.

I don't think it's a problem in the U.K at all; I think the attitude of some of the people that live here is the problem.
Nail - head - hit
BNP are idiots, if all us immigrants left now they'd beg for us to come back.....
being british doesnt make you a better person, nor does a particular type of race
asian=black=white=any other background
imo some people have more of a right to be here than other people, many families sponging off the governement when there are people who can do jobs begging to get here.