The secret policemans ball was on last night in england, and i have a question about it. If you saw it there was a comic relief sorta video about Interrogation and human rights that Eddie izzard introduced. It's tag was "You Are Powerful".

Anyone know the name of the song that was played at the same time?????
No sorry, was good though. I thought Mitchell and Webb and the IT Crowd guys were good.

<.<

>.>

*Twas a sneaky bump, ha*
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
On the topic of Secret Policeman's ball, anyone else think that Frank Skinner was shite?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Oh oh oooooooh Osama Bin Laden.

D-U-F-R-A-I-S

Quote by darkstar2466
WRONG.

The only reason it exists is because drugs get people fucked up, and people love getting fucked up.

Quote by craggis19
On the topic of Secret Policeman's ball, anyone else think that Frank Skinner was shite?

yeah, me too.

i know time was limited but i wish they couldve had longer sets.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer
Was Russell Brand on it this year? I only saw 20 mins of it.
Quote by dan ramP
yeah, me too.

Yeah, some were pretty brief. Eddie Izzard was my personal favourite, though Mitchell and Webb and russell howard were also good.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Demoralising women is just one of the many services we provide here at UG
Crap, I missed it! I knew I was missing something.
"Loathe metaphors. Pander to undereducated masses. Get doctorate, have a real conversation" Mordin Solus
Quote by craggis19
Yeah, some were pretty brief. Eddie Izzard was my personal favourite, though Mitchell and Webb and russell howard were also good.

Russell Howard was funny, "Fuck me, his room's a mess!"
Russell Howard was funny, "Fuck me, his room's a mess!"

haha

Russel Howard and the IT Crowd were the best IMO.
That woman who did "Anne Boleyn on fire" was shit.

Did anyone text "Amnesty" to 64118 last night?
We ain't pushing the boundaries, we're blowing them up.
We ain't trying to expand the scene, we want the scene to erupt.

Last edited by tommo619 at Oct 6, 2008,
THEY STILL MAKE THESE!!!??? Why was I not informed!?
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
I only watched the first hour and a half, but it was pretty lame..I know that's not the point of this thread, but that show was still a let down
Quote by dan ramP
yeah, me too.

Yeah I thougt it was pretty shit. Most of the comedians sucked, audience wasn't even laughing at their jokes, not even pity laughs.

Then when a decent comedian finally came on, they were gone in about 5 minutes.
i love the secret policemans balls

im sorry i had to

on topic, who were the guys from gavin and stacey, i thought they were good
Sig space available, give me some praise
Quote by craggis19

I thought the whole thing blew, to be frank; even though some of the guys on it are normally pretty good.

It was just the whole atmosphere, it was awful. It should have been like Live At The Apollo, but it was more like Remembrance Day.
Quote by Vermintide
I thought the whole thing blew, to be frank; even though some of the guys on it are normally pretty good.

It was just the whole atmosphere, it was awful. It should have been like Live At The Apollo, but it was more like Remembrance Day.

Agreed.
Complete crap, people didn't have enough time to get into their routines, and most of what was on offer was poor anyway
Yeah, total disappointment.

They should've scrapped half the acts and given everyone 10-15 mins instead of 5.
Saw a bit but then watched Burn Notice on FX. Mitchell and Webb were alright but for ages it seemed to be this woman who was pure crap.
did mighty boosh actually do anything?
i watched it all and i dont think i saw them, and i swear the advert said they were on
^ That was last years I think although I didn't watch it all. Most of it was shite, some was good e.g Russel Howard, Mitchell and Webb, I.T crowd guys and some others but I turned it over when the Anne Boleyn thing came on.
I thought Russell Howard was brilliant..

The gags about his brothers epilepsy at Christmas had me in stitches...

"See you next year...HO...HO....HO!!!!!"