right....i want to update my set up.....currently have a marshall mg series 15 watt with cd input practise amp style.....its alreet....any particular advantages of having a small stack?

so my options are some sort of small stack? i saw an epiphone one....

some sort of similar thing to the MG....

or maybe something like a line 6 spider?

i also would like some advice on recording...i was thinking of getting a pod x3....i want some effects...and need to record onto my mac...do i need to be at the mac whilst recording? would it be more worthwhile to get some form of boss 8 track or micro 4 track or something? also are the fx/amp models similarly digital sounding? im not really sure what im after...just some advice would be nice!! ha....

cheers
Budget? Will you be gigging? Styles you play?

Just don't get a Line 6 Spider or anything like an MG. Valve combo's are the way to go. Look at the Blackheart Little Giant (good for clean through to rock, cant do metal without some sort of boost pedal).

And you don't need a small stack. A combo will do just fine. Stacks are really for playing HUGE venues.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
Use the searchbar, for the love of God and all that is holy. Read the stickies. I won't help you on the amp thing, that question is answered a million times over.

IF you have a Mac, GarageBand includes effects and such. If you'd like more, buy GuitarRig3 or a Line 6 TonePort UX1.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
ideally id get it and be able to use it for gigging.....nothing massive....

budget say....400 quid max really.....

by small stack meant something like this....

http://www.andertons.co.uk/acatalog/info_TRIGGERSTACK.html

i want something around 1000-150 watts....

sorry i have little to no knowledge on gear....thus asking for help.

i play soft rock/rock/metal mainly id say.....but it'd be nice to be as versatile as possible...
Okay, look, man. I really think you should read the stickies. They'll help you out alot, and it saves everyone else time too. After you do that, we shall continue.

Don't judge me.
nah mate...i think im just going to ask peoples advice instead....

anyone think that amps any good?
Last edited by Benj_arnold at Oct 6, 2008,
Quote by Benj_arnold

Then you are a true jackass, as you are required to read the rules and FAQ BEFORE POSTING ANY THREAD.

Don't judge me.
/fail

read stickies, then post.
but what type of music do you play and what's your playing environment
i said...soft rock/rock/metal.....

and it would still be used for bedroom use. but my band could be gigging in the not so distant future and i figured that i had improved enough to warrant some new gear as i have no fx...a small amp and an average guitar....
Quote by Benj_arnold

No, I do no think that amp is any good. Now, go read the stickies and FAQ, or you shall get no more help from me.
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
if people would rather conform to a set of rules than simply help someone out by suggesting certain models that i could look at.....then this is a sorry world we live in.

ive looked them over briefly...i dont want to search, i want a personal opinion to my queerie.....

if you dont want to help me ...then dont, but dont post in my thread.
You don't deserve a personal opinion for your query, as you are playing the exact same thing as 1,000 other people through the exact same amp. There are threads that have addressed this. If they weren't meant to be read ever again, don't you think they'd be deleted immediately? And as far as the stickies, if they weren't useful, they wouldn't be there. Follow the rules, and you'll get good help. For example, you could have said:

"I'm looking to upgrade my MG15 Practice amp. My budget is $400, and I play soft rock/rock/metal. I already have X pedalsI need to be able to use it to gig (preferably include size of venue). I was looking at Spider IIIs, but those don't seem to get good reviews around here. Do you have any recommendations for me? (Preferably include a good 3-4 amps you are considering.)"

Then, be open to all advice.

EDIT: /thread.

Don't judge me.
Ok obviously you don't want to listen to that

but i'm not going to let that stop me from letting you have good tone.

Here's the deal.

You DONT NEED 100 watts if you're not playing Arenas
You DONT NEED a stack, its only a cosmetic thing and its usually costlier and crappier in your pricerange

Line 6 spiders and Marshall MGs are basically practice amps, so to get anything over what you currently have of one is stupid.

Stuff in your pricerange that would rock

Bugera 333xl
Laney VC30 with an overdrive
Used Laney AOR
Used Laney Pro-Tube
Line 6 flextone III
Used Orange Rocker 30
Peavey Classic 30 with an overdrive
Peavey Valveking with a speaker swap
Randall RG50TC
Used Vox AC30 with an overdrive

Look into any of those amps.
apolagies......

thats kind of similar to what i did put, barring a couple of differences.

i did write it out properly but my page crashed and i had to re write it, and everyone doesnt do it as properly as they did before, gigging would be small venues, like small pubs.....

any opinions would be vastly appreciated....

no hard feelings