so im new to playing bass and i have a hand me down silvertone(im pretty sure this is like a wal mart brand) and i fell like im ready for a good quality bass. a friend told me to go ibanez so i got one from musicansfriend.com long story short it was a piece of S*@# and i was look at the fender jazz but i wanted to know is it worth it the american standard is 1100 i have also flurted with buying an ash body and putting it together myself u kno so i can get my desired look (yellow with a black pickguard and a maple frett board) sorry im rambling so i guess my question is is it worth the trouble of building it? and is fender the only company that makes jazz basses?

thank you and sorry if this post is choppy
Start by adding grammer to your posts.

If you have little to know experience with basses, I would really not reccomend building one right off the bat. Go to GC, try some out, buy the one you like most thats in your price range. Itll probably be an Ibanez
to build one it takes some skill not much but some and if you want your own look feel and what not, build you own you also have some bragging rights and no fender isn't the only company that makes jass basses there are probably hundreds of company's that do but the workmanship and playability might differ
Well i really like it, Maybe if your not sure try out the Highway one series. You should really try it out if you want to spend that much money. Is this only your second bass If yes maybe go for something cheaper Like a jazz 24 deluxe i have one and its amazing.
Putiing it together is fun and you could get exactly what you want it could get a bit pricey. Im pretty sure fender do what you want all that you might have to do is change the pickguard.
Other companys make jazz bass's people like Ken smith i think and lakland and most companies have a jazz bass copy.
Go for whatever feels right defiantly try evreything out though and there are other brands out there. I happen to just love jazz bass's though.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i was really thinking that i would just be soldering and painting since i was going to be buying the precarved woods so i didnt think it would affect the tone any correct me if im wrong and when i went to guitar center i dont think i saw any of those previously mentioned basses only the fender but any more info would be appreciated
You should do it or pick up a cheap jazz bass(like me) and then mod the hell out of it(like me). it would be easier andmeans less mistakes. But whatever makes you happiest warmoth seems a bit expensive so look on ebay and allparts and other places. good luck
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
You should do it or pick up a cheap jazz bass(like me) and then mod the hell out of it(like me). it would be easier andmeans less mistakes. But whatever makes you happiest warmoth seems a bit expensive so look on ebay and allparts and other places. good luck

Only problem with this is the wood your bass is made out of may not be great, and it could probably be the same sort of price in the end to just make it yourself.
I'm a Fire, and I'll Burn.Burn.Burn.
so like a mexican made fender jazz to mod would be a better decision than building one? thanks for all the help by the way