A friend of mine has this guitar and is considering selling it, he says he has it for 10 years or so now.
I might get it for 200 Euro or 270USD is that a Good price? Am i riping him off? Is he ripping me off?

http://www.guitar.com.au/guitars/electric/washburn/idol/wi64dl.html

http://www.washburn.com/products/electrics/idol/images/zoom_wi64dltgr.jpg

I currently have a Stagg S300 Stratocaster and it's somewhat noisy and hard-ish to play with although i'm used to it.

Should i go for his Washburn WI64DL ? I always wanted to see how Humbuckers sound like.
I'm still 3 Months into my Guitar Journey doing Playing Songs like
Marilyn Manson - Sweet Dreams
Death Metal at Both Standard and Dropped C and D tunings
80's Rock Stuff like Bee Gees or other similar Genres.
Metallica - Enter sandman except the Solo which i'll get soon

Bands like Killswitch Engage are still hard for me to play.

For that kind of music is it a good guitar? Is it better than mine ( Ofc it is>< ) much much better. ><
Try and get a WI65 instead, you get seymour duncans in that one and it's still dirt cheap too I think, at least it is where I'm from.

Though you might want a guitar with EMGs for your death metal stuff etc. so consider an X50PRO FE.

What's your amp?
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
I have a Washburn WI64PL, same as a DL but with Pearloid and limited edition. I must say it truely is the best guitar for under $1000. Fit and finish is excellent, nice set neck. All hardware is top notch. I just swapped out the PUs and its perfect. You get Grover tuners and Buzz Feiten, its a sweet guitar. And for $270, there is no excuse not to get it
It's a Total Shit Amp that comes along with the S300 Guitar a small one

1 x 10 GA P amplifier: 10 W RMS, 1 x 6.5" speaker, high impedance instrument input, 3-band EQ w/parametric mid control, Vol & gain controls, Overdrive switch for versatile distortion, headphone input - Guitar colour: Black.

http://www.staggmusic.com/products/products_detail.php?langue=uk&oneid=422

The thing is i'm geting the guitar from a friend for 200Euro - 270 USD is that a Good price for the guitar?

I dunno if i cant afford geting a new guitar i dunno how much the WI65 is worth :P plus all i want is an upgrade from my Strat
Well here in the UK you can pick up a WI65 for £200, so I figured it'd be pretty cheap.

edit: actually if you're amp isn't upto much then the pickups won't matter. Washburns make AWESOME guitars so get it off your friend NOW!
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by eurotrashed
I have a Washburn WI64PL, same as a DL but with Pearloid and limited edition. I must say it truely is the best guitar for under $1000. Fit and finish is excellent, nice set neck. All hardware is top notch. I just swapped out the PUs and its perfect. You get Grover tuners and Buzz Feiten, its a sweet guitar. And for $270, there is no excuse not to get it

Sweet exactly what i wanted to hear

Well here in the UK you can pick up a WI65 for £200, so I figured it'd be pretty cheap.

:O Damn....

Well i hope he aint ripping me off :P Coz some prices i saw on the net are somewhat confusing. I saw one of these for 150USD and another for 799 and yet another for 499.... Weird pricing.
Last edited by Leenix at Oct 6, 2008,
Sorry for the double post just wanted some more info about this guitar.

It's just when browsing the net i've seen other guitars like Washburn Wi65 for 150 USD, but

Well mine isnt a PL version and the Washburn site says the DL is worth 799USD and the PL 1100USD or something.
I've seen resellers / Used guitars / new ones for 466-ish USD.

I dunno can i have some more opinions on the price and guitar quality or how it compares to my Current Stagg S300 on a scale from 1-10 i'm geting the 10 Years old USED WI64DL?
I don't know where you are getting that info from, I do not see the PL anywhere on Washburn's site, it has been out of production for years. I paid $350 new for it.

A PL is a DL, same features same everything except the PL has pearloid.

I am seeing WI64s go on ebay for around $300, and seeing as guitars are more expensive in England, I don't think $270 is that bad. Maybe haggle him down to 180 pounds.