alright long story with a happy ending

I had been eyeing the AD25 SR Plus for some time now, read pretty much all the insane review on the net and was waiting for motivation to pull the trigger, had the money but was about to move from TX to CA so I was gonna wait, then Musicians Friend clearanced their already dropped $799 price to $699 with stock dwindling, I almost took it then and there but figured it would last a month, then I got an email from them with a 15% off ANYTHING code and that rightfully shoved me over the edge, got the order in it was back ordered a few weeks (which was actually convenient) but I locked in the sick price of $594 shipped! now this is the 1,339 listed guitar selling for 999 getting unreal reviews everywhere comparing it to 3k Taylor/Martins.

so a month passes (ordered around late August) a few more extended backorder notices then last week I get an email from them saying the order was canceled with no explanation, I was pretty devastated as I knew they were being discontinued and immediately figured they weren't gonna get any more. So desperate I called them to see if there was a way for them to honor the price if I happened to find one stocked at a Guitar Center. They give me the "they may be able to price match it, we'll tell them we gave you this price" spiel but it didn't sound promising, then the girl tried to push the SM on me which was a waste of time, tried to find a scratch and dent in stock, then brought up that she just saw something that looked similar, I was on the site and had just found it too, the Stage D25 SR just released a day before not even in stock yet and very little info/no reviews.
while still on the phone I do enough research to find out it resembles the SR Plus a lot and get a manager on the phone and convinced him to get me a deal on it, $635 shipped and threw in an electric and an acoustic pack of elixirs I had with my original order (he's prob gonna get in trouble for this. won't find this guitar for under 1k any time soon. I put a rain check on the offer and set out to find details of this guitar.

tapped every resource including Breedlove representatives and by the time I was talking to Musicians Friend and Guitar Center employees about it I actually knew more than they did, by this point I'm probably the person that knows the most about this guitar that didn't make it or actually own one

anyways the Stage D25 is basically a remake of the AD25 SR Plus all the same main features, at first glance the most notable differences are chrome mini grovers instead of gold(which I wasn't particularly a fan of), and a different inlay design, now the sweet ovular inlays of the SR Plus remains to be the only thing I still straight up prefer about it, but the new Stage design is not a bad consolation by any means. They restructured the bracing with what they call Ultra-light JLD Bridge Truss which is supposed to improve sustain. then probably the most significant upgrade is in the pickup system which they ponied up for the L.R. Baggs Stage Pro, including chromatic tuner w/in-line mute, filter, EQ, and a phase switch and notch knob which (no one is really sure) fine tunes amplification imperfections..

needless to say I took up the offer and probably got the best price anyone will ever get on a this guitar new, they're waiting on stock to get in and will ship soon.

so anyways if anyone already has this guitar somehow reviews/pics/comments welcome

http://www.breedloveguitars.com/instruments/guitars/atlas/StageD25SR%20/full_view.html
Last edited by ZagsElite at Oct 6, 2008,
Nice deal. make sure you post it up in the "lets see your guitar" thread when you get it.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I liked Breedlove guitars when they had gold Grover tuning. I don't like the new silver ones.
I can't believe you got that for that price. I envy you. Incredibly. A lot.
Congrats on the purchase and (Almost) welcome to the Breedlove Family! I bought an AC25/SR Plus a few weeks ago and love it. You can tell how much I love Breedlove haha. That looks like a great guitar and I'm sure you will love it. Amazing price as well. This guitar is also a different body shape than the SR Plus. Yours is an AD which is the dreadnought cut away, mine is the AC which is the concert body, otherwise known as the soft cutaway. And I really loved the gold tuners and hardware, really wish they would have kept them.

Keenan
Last edited by Silverstein14 at Oct 6, 2008,
I'm actually still quite surprised that they basically remade the whole series. That's a LOT of work.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.