I'm thinking about maknig a hardcore version of the rap song, Get Low, by lil john. Has anyone heard a hardcore version of this song already?

Anyone think this is a good song to do that with?
CBlaiZed
you could do it.....
the whole........making rap songs hardcore is kinda played out

try a different genre.......

Im currently writing a metal cover of breakfast at tiffany's
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by xmurderoticax
oh gawd

haha a little more input please? xp
CBlaiZed
Quote by Slovak_Ghost
you could do it.....
the whole........making rap songs hardcore is kinda played out

try a different genre.......

Im currently writing a metal cover of breakfast at tiffany's

Your absolutely right. But I do it for me, Although I'm in a band, I wouldn't play it at a show. Only reason I'm thinking of that song is because i was at a fair yesterday and a group played the rap version. I kept picturing breakdowns galour.
CBlaiZed
Arranging a new version of a song can be good, but the pop/rap to hardcore/metal is overdone. I like to arrange popular songs for fingerstyle percussive guitar, so playing the melody, bassline and parts of the drum line all at once. Its fun and rewarding!
Way to add some input to the TS question. I don't understand why people love coming into threads and posting something retarded. Way to go. Hopefully you feel like you accomplished something today.

ANyways, TS it can be done. It's a very popular song and would be easily recognizable. Yes the rap to metal is played out but who gives a sh!t. Especially if you are just doing it for yourself. Give it a shot. If ya don't mind I wouldn't mind hearing it when you are done. I'll help ya out with it if ya need. Good luck.
MY GEAR:

ESP LTD MH-50 W/ TREMOLO
ROLAND CUBE 15X
BOSS DS-2 TURBO DISTORTION
Dunlop Ultrex Jazz III
NEW: Dunlop Dimebag Crybaby from Hell
NEW: EHX: Small Clone Chorus Pedal
To be honest man, I think you've got a task ahead of you. Not so much in the arranging, I can already hear in my head how it would go...just in making it actually sound good...but maybe I'm just prejudiced because I listen to neither Lil' Jon nor HxC lol...good luck with it anyway
Quote by kOoL AiD2420
Way to add some input to the TS question. I don't understand why people love coming into threads and posting something retarded. Way to go. Hopefully you feel like you accomplished something today.

ANyways, TS it can be done. It's a very popular song and would be easily recognizable. Yes the rap to metal is played out but who gives a sh!t. Especially if you are just doing it for yourself. Give it a shot. If ya don't mind I wouldn't mind hearing it when you are done. I'll help ya out with it if ya need. Good luck.

Alright, when I'm done it, I'll post it up here, and thanks, if I need some help I'll come ask you.
CBlaiZed
Quote by YetAnotherMuso
To be honest man, I think you've got a task ahead of you. Not so much in the arranging, I can already hear in my head how it would go...just in making it actually sound good...but maybe I'm just prejudiced because I listen to neither Lil' Jon nor HxC lol...good luck with it anyway

I don't listen to Lil' John either. I don't really listen to rap for that matter. I just enjoy coverting it to HxC. Yes, i think it's going to be very hard. I have it kind of alreaady played out how I want it to sound, but that's from playing it. haha
CBlaiZed