Well, right now I have a Jackson DXMG with EMGs in it right now. Which are pretty good, but I think I could do better. So, I'm looking for a new pickup. Im a big fan of Seymour Duncans but I havent really tried DiMarzios(which I've heard are pretty good).

I was looking at the Seymour Duncan SH-13(Dimebucker), SH-6, SH-8 Invader and the DiMarzio super distortion.

I need to get a better crunch out my Dinky and good for solos as well. If anyone has other pickups that would be good for really crunchier, tight metal, please lemme' know.
My budget is 100$ and my amp is a 5150.
dont waste your money on the Dimebucker. get the original Bill Lawrence hot XL500. they're 50$.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Dimebuckers and Invaders are bad pickups, avoid them like the plague

You don't need super high output pickups for metal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
if you really want that dimebag sound. Like someone already said get a bill lawrence. Its what he used
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Try Blackouts. I think they use the EMG Qwik-Connect stuff, and sound much more like juiced-up passives than actives.
i have a super distortion and like it, and my friend plays metal and gets a great sound out of it. i personally use it for classic rock though, and it works well
I found the Bill Lawrence pickup for 50bucks. I just would like to know, which pickup would I swap it with? And could I go to guitarcenter and have them install it?

Edit: And would this pickup be good for crunchy metal and killer lead solos?
Quote by Im King Jackson
I found the Bill Lawrence pickup for 50bucks. I just would like to know, which pickup would I swap it with? And could I go to guitarcenter and have them install it?

Edit: And would this pickup be good for crunchy metal and killer lead solos?

Pantera? Thats what Dime used and thats what he played.
I like to write, and support Chemistry For Improved Life.

Please, recommend me any bands or artists of any genre or medium. Paintings, poets, writers, books, paintings, songs, musicians.

Anything, anything at all. Please.
Ugh. You'll have to swap to a different pot for the BL.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
Nuno Bittencourt also used the BL XL500.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by theoreticmusic

Okay that thread is also going in my sig as the Thread Of Even More Fail.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Okay that thread is also going in my sig as the Thread Of Even More Fail.

The TS of that thread was an obvious troll though.

Don't judge me.
Quote by theoreticmusic
The TS of that thread was an obvious troll though.

You sure? He sounded pretty serious...although referring to a DS-1 as "fancy" is probably kinda trollish.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
You sure? He sounded pretty serious...although referring to a DS-1 as "fancy" is probably kinda trollish.

Notice that he only posted twice. Once to start the madness, and once to keep it going. The rest of it was carried by other idiots, and I'm not sure if they were serious either.

Don't judge me.