what about a crybaby?
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Depends

How much gain will you be using with it?
How wide a sweep range do you need?

My best options would for you to get a used Dunlop crybaby and mod the shit out of it, or get a Vox V847 wah
Quote by Highwaytohell
Depends

How much gain will you be using with it?
How wide a sweep range do you need?

My best options would for you to get a used Dunlop crybaby and mod the shit out of it, or get a Vox V847 wah

That's pretty much it.

I went for a Crybaby and modded it, sounds a hell of a lot better, and it's really, really easy.

Then again, if you wont use much gain, and play a lot of classic rock and blues and such, a Vox V847 would be the way to go, and it can be modded too.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
used crybaby - 40-60$ (depending on the condition)
Fasel inductor - 20$ max (you can prolly get them cheaper on eBay)
Other capacitors/resisotors/MODs - 20$
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
used crybaby - 40-60$ (depending on the condition)
Fasel inductor - 20$ max (you can prolly get them cheaper on eBay)
Other capacitors/resisotors/MODs - 20$

Cost me around £1 to get all of the components I wanted for my mods.

Unless of course, you can't get your hands on a soldering iron and some solder.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
I got an Ibanez Weeping Demon for $100. Great wah pedal with lots of features. I especially like using the spring mode where the pedal will automatically go back up like Steve Vai's pedal. It sounds pretty good too, a lot to EQ with and supports the normal wah style of course.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
I got a vox v847 on ebay for $50 that already had a true bypass mod done to it.
Quote by Khoifish321
I got an Ibanez Weeping Demon for $100. Great wah pedal with lots of features. I especially like using the spring mode where the pedal will automatically go back up like Steve Vai's pedal. It sounds pretty good too, a lot to EQ with and supports the normal wah style of course.

if you want a wah that turn off automatically, get a used morley. IMO, the Demon sucks. the old Ibanez wah (WH-10, i think)is used my John Frusciante and sounds excellent. but those go fer 150+ on the used market.

like i said, get a used wah and 20$ worth of mod stuff, like multiple resestors on the vocal point of the wah to make it like a 535Q. the wah circuit is actually pretty simple when you look at it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
I recommend the Bad Horsie if you play metal. It might be a tad bit noisy though, but it has a huge cut in comparison to most wahs.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
There vox and crybaby are both very easy to mod. Mines got a midboost switch, adjustable gain, adjustable voiceing, truebypass, and has a momentary switch in the treddle so it will turn on or off automatic.
Quote by Khoifish321

+1