Ok, so i got a new amp (the Fender hot rod deluxe). I mainly got it for the cleans, which are absolutely amazing.

Anyway, to the point. i like the overdrive channel on this amp a lot, but it doesnt do the sort of "modern" tone that im looking for. Duh, its more of a vintage-esque amp. Now, obviously, the best fix would be to buy some other amp for my distortion. seeing that i'm a now even poorer college student, that's not an option. is my next best bet to find a pedal that does what i want? ive got a boss ME-50 right now, and i'm planning to find a setting I like and then buying the pedal that the setting is modeled after.

thats basically all i can do right? or is there some sorta circuitry mod that could get me closer to what i'm thinking?

thanks!!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
eh...um...lets see something like the band fireflight, and bands in their genre is what i have in mind. idk sometimes even satch's tone, in which case i guess that i could get the satchurator
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd try an overdrive first and if you know how to mod amps then check this site:

http://studentweb.eku.edu/justin_holton/

ok, now would i lay the overdrive over the overdrive channel? or over the clean? or either way?
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Use it on the OD channel. Honestly though, if you want more than blues or light rock from this amp then you're kinda effed.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
Use it on the OD channel. Honestly though, if you want more than blues or light rock from this amp then you're kinda effed.

idk...ME-50 on the Muff setting is pretty rocking...
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
the amp is voiced a certain way so it'll be hard to change that characteristic. circuitry also plays a big part in the way the amp is voiced

the easiest solution to your problem would be to run an pedal or fx unit through your clean channel such as what you plan on doing with your me50, however i wouldnt recommend the me50 as the fx processor to give you the tone your looking for due to its thin and fizzy sounding sound distortion models

you might want to invest in another amp and keep the hot rod for cleans, but i doubt you want to spend the cash to that right now.
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.