Has anyone tried it? I can't afford a wooly mammoth. Does the FF retain a lot of bass frequencies or not?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
it loses alot of bass, but sounds real good, if you like that kinda thing. ive played one, and am gettin one for my birthday in a couple of weeks
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
I think since the release of the Bass Big Muff and the El Grande Bass Fuzz, you can get some great bass-tailored fuzz for a great price. If you're going to go boutique, I wouldn't settle for something you can afford instead of going for the real deal.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
If you want to hear a FF on bass, listen to Weatherman by +44.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
^ Okay, they definitely helped me a bit.

The thing with not being able to afford a WM is that even if I could (I technically can) I can NOT justify spending $400 on a pedal. Ever. I've been considering the Bass Muff for a while, but if the FF works out well, it has SO many more tonal options than a Muff. That's what I'm trying to figure out here.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
^ Okay, they definitely helped me a bit.

The thing with not being able to afford a WM is that even if I could (I technically can) I can NOT justify spending $400 on a pedal. Ever. I've been considering the Bass Muff for a while, but if the FF works out well, it has SO many more tonal options than a Muff. That's what I'm trying to figure out here.

If the woolly mammoth is what you want, nothing else comes close to it. However, it is a bit of a one trick pony, with its best sounds all having a synthy edge (saying that, it is the best pedal for getting that Time Is Running Out sound I have ever heard).

If you want versatility, or use an active bass, look away from it to other boutique fuzzes.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
You could try it. But you do lose a lot of bass frequencies, and you might have a little too much gain for playing bass with. But if you have a good EQ, maybe you could try to balance it out a little?
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
I got to admit I start STEAMING when I think about that video of the Wooly Mammoth. He plays 4 notes on, talks longer about Chuck Zwicki than he played bass, then plays guitar on the bass pedal for 2 minutes. Then has the balls to say "listen to those subs!" and hits an E chord. Piece of garbage.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..