ska and reggae. i prob wont be buying for a couple months. just for range purposes so i know how much to save.
A Twin Reverb of sorts? Deffo a Fender, something with sweet cleans and big on reverb.
you could get away with a $200 crate V18 from musiciansfriend

better to go for a fender i'd say, you'd want clean headroom too so 18w might be cutting it fine

i'd say a hotrod deluxe or a blues deluxe
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
you could get away with a $200 crate V18 from musiciansfriend

better to go for a fender i'd say, you'd want clean headroom too so 18w might be cutting it fine

i'd say a hotrod deluxe or a blues deluxe

so why not suggest the v-50, or v-33?...I like what i get from my v-50 for ska, but there is better.

TS : what is your budget?

Quote by CanCan
A Twin Reverb of sorts? Deffo a Fender, something with sweet cleans and big on reverb.

twin reverb is just awesome :P
Quote by Swap-Meet
so why not suggest the v-50, or v-33?...I like what i get from my v-50 for ska, but there is better.

i r tired >___>

i think the 18 is on offer on MF making a great cheap tube amp, but if it wasnt up to scratch, by the time you get a V33 or 50 you could possibly find a better amp for the money?

im not up to speed with american prices tbh, or american market amps either >____>
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by CanCan

+1
Think like 600-1100
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i r tired >___>

i think the 18 is on offer on MF making a great cheap tube amp, but if it wasnt up to scratch, by the time you get a V33 or 50 you could possibly find a better amp for the money?

im not up to speed with american prices tbh, or american market amps either >____>

v-50 = 199$ on MF

dunno about the v33...probably the 112 is the same price
Of those two, the blues jr. But at that price range you may do a lot better used. The blues Jr's go for $300-325 used all the time. You may score a Deluxe Reverb, Vibrolux or HRD at that ($500ish) price range used. (HRD for $425ish all the time). If you are in the US, search the craigslist site nearest you in "music inst" section.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
What kind of ska? Ska punk? dub 3rd wave? (like sublime) 2nd wave? skacore? 3rd wave?
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
any Classic fender tube amp (Deluxe Reverb, Super reverb, Twin reverb, Vibrolux reverb, etc)

^^^^^
BTW: what is Skacore? i have never heard of it.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
any Classic fender tube amp (Deluxe Reverb, Super reverb, Twin reverb, Vibrolux reverb, etc)

^^^^^
BTW: what is Skacore? i have never heard of it.

ska-core is similar to ska punk.

in my experience of listening to ska punk, most ska punk bands are heavily influenced by ska & street & anarcho punk. Ska-core is pretty much the same, but more hardcore bands instead of street & anarcho punk.
Quote by l3p4rd
What kind of ska? Ska punk? dub 3rd wave? (like sublime) 2nd wave? skacore? 3rd wave?

i'm into like rocksteady, and some upbeat ska. but its not gonna be like crappy streetlight manifesto or suicide machines. in the vein of the slackers, deals gone bad, planet smashers
Quote by Swap-Meet
planet smashers

i think they should make a planet smashers avatar...
Anything with a good clean channel and reverb. According to you band choices I would look into a Fender Blues Deluxe or any of the Fender blues series. Remember with tube amps the louder you crank them the less clean your playing is going to be tube breakup), so if you play gigs you may need a 30 watt or higher. Honestly I have a Fender FM 212R and I like it for what I do but if you've got the dough for a better amp then go for it. Hope this helps
MIM Fender Telecaster
SX GG1 Junior (Les Paul Special clone)
Dillion Canada DXC 58 (DC Les Paul Junior)
Fender Joe Strummer Telecaster
Squier CV Duo Sonic
Epiphone Les Paul Junior Special
Squier Jazz Bass
Vox DA 15
Fender FM 212R
Please don't get that fender frontman... Horid amp. What about a used jazz chorus? I played an older JC120 and loved it, best cleans I ever hear, great reverb too.
Fender Blues Deluxe - It's a brilliant amp for rocksteady, ska, reggae, etc.. It has beautiful cleans although the drive channel is worthless, but it does take pedals very well if you ever need some distortion. Its probably the best amp in its price range.
1 2

Little solace comes
to those who grieve
as thoughts keep drifting
as walls keep shifting
and this great blue world of ours
seems a House of Leaves

My Rig
Quote by Will Swanson
HeavyReverb = Hero of The Pit 2010.
Quote by I-Shot-Jr
You sir are my absolute hero.
Fender HRD, or a used Twin maybe? Or a used Mesa Lonestar combo (no idea how cheap they go used)?
Yeah go fender for sure. That'll do the job.

And skacore is ska + hardcore punk, even metal at times. Breakdowns included. My band does a tiny bit of this, I somehow manage to pull it off with my hollowbody and fender amp.

But yeah fenders are the best for cleans, throw some delay, reverb and chorus in there.

and quit being such a purest, streetlight is great and the first suicide machines album is too.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120
My JSX clean channel does exceptionally well for my Ska band. Throw some delay on there and use the crunch channel for any dirt. Much better with single coils, though.
VOx ac15 or 30.
when it comes to ska regae reverb is key and the vox reverb falls in tune with the verb you hear in those genres.
Quote by chumpzilla
also this:

but ive head bad things about MGs. what is the problem with them exactly?

search bar. reliability, tone, construction... What's right about them? Oh, the logo...

Get a used Blues Deluxe and call it a day.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I have a FM 212r. Honestly the amp is loud. That is all I can say. The footswitch breaks easily, the volume knob of mine got twisted off on my clean. The clean is too tingy for me. And the distortion isn't that amazing. If you are just looking for something loud and you have things to make up for this amp's tone then go ahead and buy it. OR save your money and buy something much nicer. I recommend the second. I hardly play my 212 anymore. I usually play through my friend's crate halfstack.
Gear:1991 Fender MIJ Jazz/Squier VM Fretless Jazz -> Pitchblack -> Way Huge Green Rhino -> Boss OC-2 -> Boss DD-7 -> Markbass Tube 800 -> SWR 4x12.

Flat wounds. Flat wounds on everything. Everything is a little fatter when it's flatter.