I'm sure it varies model to model, but does anyone have any knowledge regarding the general quality of japanese made ESPs (not LTD) and Caparison's line of Japanese made guitars
hope you can help
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
not too sure to be honest... i've only tried a couple of ESPs (which were nice, if expensive), and the (one) caparison i tried was quite nice, but there's no way in hell i'd pay £1500 for one... it was decent at japanese prices (i.e. half that, if not even less), but way too dear, if you ask me... obviously you may disagree, and with the limited number of examples i tried, it's entirely possible that i got either really good, or really bad, examples...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ESP=very good build quality, horrible prices.

Imo i don't think ESP's are worth buying, just get LTD's 1000's
i would disagree as i know japanese dealers who can get them cheaper with a decent shipping cost.
im steering towards the caparison line mainly because from my experience the less produced something is, the higher the quality, and the caparison would probably have more variation, in terms of tone
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

oh, if you can get good prices, that might change things. what type of prices can you get?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
oh, if you can get good prices, that might change things. what type of prices can you get?

around the 7-800 mark
which would put them cheaper than higher end LTDs.
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

yeah. probably worth considering... i know (in my opinion) that i wouldn't consider a caparison unless they came down to japanese prices, which are around what you're getting them for. ESP, similar thing... it's really up to you, try a bunch in the shops (if at all possible), caparison seem to be a bit love/hate...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, I'm not too familiar with ESPs quality (I've only tried one as far as i can remember), but I do own a Caparison.

I absolutely love it and I have to say it's very well built; the attention to detail is amazing (an example of this would be that the clocks on the fretboard go through 12 hours per octave).

The only problem with Caparison is the quality of the electronics, although might vary between individual instruments. I know I'm not the only one who has (had) problems with the input; of course a quality replacement part will take care of that.

The stock pickups (at least on the Applehorn) sound great; it's just the electronics that could potentially be a little iffy (again, a proper replacement part isn't expensive at all).

The workmanship on the guitar itself is impressive, though. It certainly beats the ESP I tried.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Oct 7, 2008,
I've only played one ESP (Eclipse II) and it played really friggin well, and sounded great, but the Caparison Dellinger I lusted after before it got sold was sheer magic. If it weren't for the fact I switch from a standard tuning to a drop tuning, i'd hold off on getting any other guitars and buy a Caparison. They're seriously the best guitars out there imo (they rival, if not overthrow PRS imo).
thanks for all the advice guys
now to find a caparison dealer near manchester
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

The Jap Made ESP's arenreally great, but kinda overpriced. The LTD's are amazing for the money, but not the ACUTAL ESP Classics. They're constructed very well, and play great, but as I already stated, are sometimes overpriced.

Caparison's are absolutely great guitars, but waaaaaaaaay overpriced IMO. They feel great, play great, sound great, and look great, but the price tag negates half of the...awesomeness...