You can get metal tone out of anything with a distortion pedal.. The question is are you ok with the tone you are getting out of it. For most a distortion pedal just doesnt cut it and it drives them crazy, but for some a Fender frontman with a MetalZone is the best thing they have ever heard.... Its your prefrence...
To me the amp is more important, but you still need a guitar with humbuckers. Single coils just aren't metal.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
so did i make a really stupid move buying a fender blues junior?
be honest lol.
i mean, i dont only play metallica.
i play hendrix, van halen, guns n roses, and led zeppelin too.
my amp duz hendrix and zeppelin VVERY well, like i couldnt be happier, and as i sed before, i made an eq adjustment, and can get great van halen and guns n roses tones too.
but i'm really lagging metallica.
does this mean i have to buy a new amp?
just want to clarify things
Quote by IbanezPsycho
You can get metal tone out of anything with a distortion pedal.. The question is are you ok with the tone you are getting out of it. For most a distortion pedal just doesnt cut it and it drives them crazy, but for some a Fender frontman with a MetalZone is the best thing they have ever heard.... Its your prefrence...

im okay with everything except my metallica tones, so ya.
You don't have to, but if metal tones are important to you, then you ought to.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
possibly. take a look at the Radial Tonebone Hot British, i got a really nice tone out of it when i tried it through a HRD
no...im going to smack you the next time you make a new thread. keep it in this one
What's your budget...
really depends to be honest. you do play a wide range of stuff, but if metal is your #1 priority, a new amp is probably in order... you probably didn't want to hear that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
wait, i thought of something better.
how about you sell your distortion pedal and blues jr, and buy a used Peavey Classic 30???
Quote by Ghold125
no...im going to smack you the next time you make a new thread. keep it in this one
What's your budget...

hahaha oooookkkaaay

for a new amp, im not sure about my budget, probably around $400, so i'd be looking used.
so maybe some amps that are in the $600 rangge?
and just letting everyone know, i dont like peavey valvekings.
Quote by Ghold125
wait, i thought of something better.
how about you sell your distortion pedal and blues jr, and buy a used Peavey Classic 30???

thats probably what i should have done in the beginning
does a classic 30 have the distortion for metallica though?
and im thinking about selling my synth wah too, cuz i never ever use it.
Im surprised Metallica hasnt came out with a Signature pedal yet.. They would sell millions of them, sure they wouldnt sound like them but they would still sell millions lol
The Classic 30 can do Metallica, maybe not not the load/reload era, but they can do the old school Metallica pretty well. But one suggestion I could make would be to pick up and Ibanez Tubescreamer.
^but as i noticed in his other threads (the other 5000) the heavyist he goes is metallica...