So I'm trying to develop my "legato with stretch technique" and I came up with these basic exercises with 1 and 2, 1 and 3, 1 and 4 fingers stretched (that will be 1-3 fret; 1-4 fret; 1-5 fret respectively) and I started on 60 bpm quarter notes, really slow but I feel some tension on my left hand and arm which I think is normal.

My question is: should I take care of this tension first and start even slower or should I practice at this tempo until it goes away? I'm playing very accurately but I believe the stretch is the cause for so much tension. Or maybe should I change the exercise? Thanks guys.
I think you should maybe start a little higher on the neck and move down to the lower frets as the stretch becomes more comfortable. Always making sure you're as tension free as possible of course.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Learn to "relax" into stretches. The tighter your hand gets the less you can stretch and maintain effective technique.

That said, the guitar neck is wonderfully designed for stretch exercises - just start at the 12th fret and move down every time you feel comfortable. Stop moving down when you stop feeling comfortable until you feel comfortable.