SO I bought a peavey classic 30, on august 18th.

They said it would come in the first week of september at my local music store, which I've bought my fender strat at, and my other guitar amp.

Then it got back ordered and they said it will be here the end of september, but I just called today, and it turns out it will be here in around another 30 days??!?!?!

That will be a grand total of almost 3 months!!! for a peavey classic 30?!!!

I was just wondering what I should get them to give me for my LONGGGG wait, and wanted the Pits opinion.

SUMMARY: Store back ordered my amp 3 months, and I want to know what i should get for compensation.

Thanks!

EDIT: UPDATE!!! turns out the amp will be ANOTHER 30 days!!! this puts it at the end of november/start of december to get it!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Last edited by danyellenik at Oct 29, 2008,

Amps:
Peavey Classic 30
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT

apparantly you've got it already?
You like it
Id say you get to make them eat a pint glass, or shove a peyote covered rake up their arses.
Gear:
PRS Tremonti SE with PRS USA Tremonti pickups
2001 Ibanez RG470
Peavey Bandit 112
Fender Superchamp XD
USA Jackson SL1
Quote by linus.d
apparantly you've got it already?

I was supposed to get it before september 6th, and It's already payed for, so technically i Own it, just not physically
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
you should ask for a swift kick in the ass

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
You probably won't get anything. You could always threaten to cancel the order in hopes they give you something free, almost like when canceling an AOL subscription.

"Hello, I'd like to cancel my AOL service."
"How about we give you 20 months free?"

If only all things worked like that.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
You should tell them:

"Listen, I needed that amp last week for a gig. Luckily I was able to use a friend's amp. Now, I have another gig coming next week and I'm not so lucky. I need an amp. This thing was supposed to be here last month? What was the reason for the back order? What's the reason for the second back order? Obviously you compensate your customers for a wait that is THIS long, right?"

Just don't say "I WAN'T TO BE COMPENSATED!" All you have to do is imply that you want to be. Even if you don't have a gig coming up, what do they know?
Quote by Grundy0
Never forget what really matters in life, friends and family.
Team Pale Yellow?
------m-------m------
| | (oo) | |
||(~)||

Mom <3
Nothing, zero, nada, zilch. If you wanted it faster, maybe you should have looked elsewhere. It isn't the stores fault they are back ordered, so why should they have to pay for Peavey's distribution problems.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Tell them that you deserve their first born for having waited so long
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
You can't blame the store if something hasn't been delivered to them. Unless it's one of them big corporate stores. Then milk them for all they're worth.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
UPDATE!!! turns out the amp will be ANOTHER 30 days!!! this puts it at the end of november/start of december to get it!
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808