So I'm a senior and have been having major trouble, I have know idea what college to go to or what to do in college. I'm not worried about getting in colleges but it's just where and what.
I really want to go to a college and study bass guitar but the only college I've seen you can study bass guitar at is Berklee and that's too far away and i wouldn't get the scholarships i would at a regular school.... any advice?
go to a regular school, join jazz band or some shit, and play bass, party, and get down with all the band freaks
Christian
Ooo.. man I'm really sorry I can't help... I'm in the same problem but with high school... easier for me though... Anyway try looking for more colleges in internet or something... you'll find something.

"When I die, I want people to play my music, go wild and freak out and do anything they want to do." - Jimi Hendrix

"A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality." - John Lennon

I'm a GIRL!
Check out universities with jazz programs.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Jazz programs? Is that like majors specifically in jazz? because that would be awesome i do percussion too.
Quote by bderivan
Jazz programs? Is that like majors specifically in jazz? because that would be awesome i do percussion too.

Most universities have one of the following:

A classical music department
A jazz music department
A classical and jazz music department.

You can major in music related fields, such as instrumental performance, music composition, and music education. If you go to a jazz oriented music school, you could be a jazz performance major, or jazz composition major, etc.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
nyu supposedly has an uber amazing music department. the guy in charge of my orchestra went there and swears by it. he says its ranked one of the best. its not a specific school of nyu just a department. check it out
Quote by blacksabbath8
So I had to take a massive dump, and I went in the bassment. So it's been down there for a while and the stench is terrible and i think it's seeping into the floor.

Quote by the elshal
nyu supposedly has an uber amazing music department. the guy in charge of my orchestra went there and swears by it. he says its ranked one of the best. its not a specific school of nyu just a department. check it out

I haven't heard anything reputable about it at all...

Now Northern Texas, FIU, Indiana, Oberlin, etc. Those are reputable.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by bderivan
So I'm a senior and have been having major trouble, I have know idea what college to go to or what to do in college. I'm not worried about getting in colleges but it's just where and what.
I really want to go to a college and study bass guitar but the only college I've seen you can study bass guitar at is Berklee and that's too far away and i wouldn't get the scholarships i would at a regular school.... any advice?

don't major in english
I am near oberlin but that is ( from what i have heard) a real lame ass school, really up tight and idk about any jazz
Quote by bderivan
I am near oberlin but that is ( from what i have heard) a real lame ass school, really up tight and idk about any jazz

Oberlin is a strict school for music. I wouldn't say it's lame. That's just their way of teaching. Music is not always fun. It's work. If you don't accept that, don't study music.

If you don't know about jazz, and you don't have any classical experience either, then you probably shouldn't pursue music in college. Even Berklee, the most liberal of all music conservatories, is jazz oriented. If you just want to play rock or whatever all day, just do that on your own time. Go study something else.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
wow...a little harsh and i'm saying that idk if oberlin is a jazz school
Quote by bderivan

He's just saying it like it is.

I think you should study something you can make a decent living with, that still interests you as well. Bass can be a hobby on the side, that's what it is for me.
Proud Owner of a Fender Jazz 24 V

Private Simmons of the Red vs. Blue club. PM Fret13 to join.

Things to come:
Carvin or Trace-elliot rig
EBS Valvedrive (Newest edition )
Quote by bderivan

It does.

And I know that sounds harsh. But I'm not going to sugarcoat it for you. Notice that I say "study" music. That is because you're truly studying it as an academic subject. It gets very intense and the workload can pile up and become a heavy burden. It's not fun and games. You're going to have to do things you don't want to do, even though it's music. It's not easy. In fact, it's harder than some other academic majors.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm making it sound like studying music for college totally kills any passion for music. But that's not necessarily true. I'll put it this way: if you have true passion for music, studying music will just fuel your fire. If it's just an enjoyable pastime, you'll drown.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Other than guitar, what are you good at? What subjects and stuff?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
well i took english honors and am in a college english class now, not so great in math
i'm in a college psychology class
i'm in deca, i do a lot of speaking and stuff, i host like pep rallies at school, freshman orientation, homecoming bonfires stuff like that, i'm decent in track,
oh and by the way i know what i'm talking about on bass, i can read, i used to play double bass and all that so i'm not some scrub that just plays tabs and thinks he's the shit