next week, it will be my half term week (a week off, basicaly), which means i have 7 days to train my ass of at guitar. i wanted to dedicate this week to learn a song, but one that will challenge my skills a lot. i really dont mind what style it (except jazz), but i wanted something technically difficult, but at the same time not a load of sweeps all over the song. i have been playing for 1 year, and can alternate picking decently and have the basics of tapping and sweeping and legato.

any suggestions??

thanks
This should go in the only song thread... and lulz at the "challenge my skills" "dont mind what style...(except jazz)" haha.

Maybe "The Trooper" - Iron Maiden

It's a good song altogether.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Some suggestions-

Surfing With the Alien-Joe Satriani
Eugene's Trickbag-Steve Vai
Entrance Of The Conflagration-Trivium
The Trooper-Iron Maiden
Symphony Of Destruction-Megadeth
Spain-Chick Corea
Technical Difficulties-Racer X
Glasgow Kiss-John Petrucci
Cliffs Of Dover-Eric Johnson

those are all good fun
Quote by Myung-trucci
Some suggestions-

Surfing With the Alien-Joe Satriani
Eugene's Trickbag-Steve Vai
Entrance Of The Conflagration-Trivium
The Trooper-Iron Maiden
Symphony Of Destruction-Megadeth
Spain-Chick Corea
Technical Difficulties-Racer X
Glasgow Kiss-John Petrucci
Cliffs Of Dover-Eric Johnson

those are all good fun

He's been playing for a f-ing year. I don't think he's up there with Satch, Vai, Petrucci, and Gilbert.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
Surfing with the alien isnt too hard, neither is entrance of the conflagration, spain, and the intro to glasgow kiss is a fantastic workout for all levels
If you could honestly do that after 1 year, then props to you sir. I would play for hours on end (i wouldn't want to eat dinner, ever, because i was practicing) every day and i know damn well i wouldn't be able to play those.

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥