Well guys, I've been inactive in the musical world for too long.

I start my new job to save amp money on Friday.

The problem is deciding what amp to buy. I have three in mind so far:

Vox AD50VT
Kustom DeFender
Used Fender Hot Rod

I want to be able to do cleans, classic/hard rock, and some metal.

If I get the Vox, I get the works. Effects to tweak and toy with, eleven amp models, etc., but I'm afraid it'll be at the price of tone. How is the tone on the Vox? Are the fixin's worth the compromise?

Now, the Kustom. It's your basic tube amp. One channel, with the highest possible gain being an AC/DC-like crunch. Built in reverb too, which is something I would like to have. I could use my metal muff to drive it into metal territory.

The Fender is pretty much the same as the Kustom. I'm leaning away from this one, as I've seen many complaints about muddy tone from the OD channel.

Well guys? Opinions? Suggestions? Guidance?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
An Agile AL-2500, stock. Basically a Les Paul copy, for anyone isn't familiar with Agiles.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I highly recommend the vox. You get decent built in effects, 11 amp settings, and a built in attenuator. I don't think the fender would be able to pull off metal, and the Vox can get bell-sounding cleans to some modern metal tones. Nothing too extreme or high gain but for me it's more than enough.
get the fender
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Get anything BUT the Fender. It does not have the metal tone you seek. The Vox is probably your best bet for a musical re-entry.
Quote by HighPotency
I highly recommend the vox. You get decent built in effects, 11 amp settings, and a built in attenuator. I don't think the fender would be able to pull off metal, and the Vox can get bell-sounding cleans to some modern metal tones. Nothing too extreme or high gain but for me it's more than enough.

I've watched some youtube vids of it and I've never really seen it do a Classic Rock tone.

Is it capable of a crunchy classic tone?

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
fender is the best of those. i cant stand the Kustom amp, and although the vox is a great sounding practice amp, thats all it really is; a practice amp. the fender has great cleans, reverb, and decent od. you metal muff will do a pretty good metal tone. if you use an od along with the amps built in drive, you actually can get some great tones. with the right pickups you could get some pretty heavy tones too. i would think a peavey classic 30 is something you should look at too.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.