Page 1 of 2
Hey all, my dad told me that if I learned a full song then he'd buy me an electric guitar (currently acoustic). Now he wants something more complicated than Old Macdonald or something but not really hard to play.

All suggestions appreciated.
What kind of music do you like?
Member #6 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
When it comes to flipping pancakes, it's better than burgers.
Quote by gogita21
What kind of music do you like?

Anything but really heavy metal. (like Slayer, Metallica's okay but not stuff like Slayer)
Killing in the name of by RATM
fade to black - Metallica
house of the rising sun
the navy song - billy talent

i take it u can pull off/hammer on, and know your chords and can play power chords
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Try something like californication by red hot chili peppers, electric funeral by black sabbath, or killing in the name of by rage against the machine. Also, sweet home alabama by leonard synyrd is fun but a lilttle harder than the others.
(\__/)
(O.o)
(> < <== This is bunny. Copy and paste him into your signature and help him on his quest for world domination!
Quote by nowa90
Killing in the name of by RATM
fade to black - Metallica
house of the rising sun
the navy song - billy talent

i take it u can pull off/hammer on, and know your chords and can play power chords

I've tried Killing but I don't know how to mute (yeah call me a guitar noob) and the solo doesn't match.
social distortion - ball and chain

pretty easy, and sounds good on an acoustic....
'01 Lim. Ed. Epi Les Paul-"Marley"-Trans-Black Quilt Top
'02 Ibanez S 370DX-"Nowell"-Gray Metallic Meteorite
'05 Ibanez RG321MH-"Raider"-Metallic Silver
Fender Squire Strat-"Jerry"-black w/ black pickgaurd
80's Washburn Bass-"Red"-Red
Quote by St0sh
I've tried Killing but I don't know how to mute (yeah call me a guitar noob) and the solo doesn't match.
u lay the side of your palm on the strings os u just lay your fretting finger on the string so its like muffled
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
master of puppet minus interlude+solo
jk, but its possible

how about
smells like teen spirit by Nirvana? it has a solo in it

boulevard of broken dreams by Greenday?
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
This is the easiest song you could learn on acoustic and has easy short solo...

Where is my mind? by The Pixies.
Quote by CoreyM.
This is the easiest song you could learn on acoustic and has easy short solo...

Where is my mind? by The Pixies.

Yea good choice. Great song. I'd go with that.
Hmmmmm,since you dont have your electric yet(hope you get it)...im not a beginner Nor am i a pro,so i get where your comin from,lol...you can learn "be like that" by 3 doors down,its the first song i learned on guitar.
Gather the Faithful and Propose a toast!
Not quite sure exactly about your skill level, but if you play Blackbird by the Beatles, your Dad will probably buy you 5 guitars
It's a real easy song to play after you've learnt the basics of fingerpicking but looks and sounds awesome when you actually play it.

Good luck bro!
Blackbird- My first song and I play it every day for pleasure and practice

Horse with No Name - seriously, easiest chord change in the world.

Best of luck, wish I had parents that would do that lol, oh well.
^ Yup

Horse with no name.
Wish you were here.
House of the Rising Sun.
Dont fear the Reaper.

Each of those can be played in a "simple" fashion that should more than trump any Old McDonald song.

Just youtube them for various lessons.
^ Yup

Horse with no name.
Wish you were here.
House of the Rising Sun.
Dont fear the Reaper.

Each of those can be played in a "simple" fashion that should more than trump any Old McDonald song.

Just youtube them for various lessons.
Quote by St0sh
Anything but really heavy metal. (like Slayer, Metallica's okay but not stuff like Slayer)

Metallica - For Whom the Bell Tolls
Muse - The Groove
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
No Stairway!

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
That was my first song. It should be easy.
Pinch Harmonics are all about luck. The more you practice them, the luckier you get.
Quote by foodfight
Not quite sure exactly about your skill level, but if you play Blackbird by the Beatles, your Dad will probably buy you 5 guitars
It's a real easy song to play after you've learnt the basics of fingerpicking but looks and sounds awesome when you actually play it.

Good luck bro!

QFT.

Blackbird's a great song to learn. It sounds good, it's a great introduction to fingerstyle, and it's physicaly fun to play the way it jumps around the fretboard.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
can any one tell me some songs that are pretty easy and like basic...

im a beginner but im tryin to pick up some good songs so ya, help me out...

feel free to message me or w/e, pce =]
nirvana - smells like teen spirit, that one is fun and easy to learn
'01 Lim. Ed. Epi Les Paul-"Marley"-Trans-Black Quilt Top
'02 Ibanez S 370DX-"Nowell"-Gray Metallic Meteorite
'05 Ibanez RG321MH-"Raider"-Metallic Silver
Fender Squire Strat-"Jerry"-black w/ black pickgaurd
80's Washburn Bass-"Red"-Red
Quote by Gasu
Napalm Death - You Suffer

HAHAHA +over 9000
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by paSTAR
No Stairway!

Queen - Another One Bites the Dust
That was my first song. It should be easy.

DENIED!!!

learn the "May I Help You?" riff
Roulette - System of a Down. Really simple acoustic song and it sounds nice. Look for the tab for standard tuning.
Quote by sdlgcrew
Try something like californication by red hot chili peppers, electric funeral by black sabbath, or killing in the name of by rage against the machine. Also, sweet home alabama by leonard synyrd is fun but a lilttle harder than the others.

learn to spell, wanker
Quote by nowa90
Killing in the name by RATM

Quote by sdlgcrew
killing in the name by rage against the machine.

Fixed

Learn the tapping part of eruption. Not nearly as hard as it sounds, so it easily impresses non guitar players.
Hm, I'd say that you should do Bed of Razors by Children of Bodom- I only mean the intro sweeping part. Your dad should buy you a nice LTD or Jackson if you play that.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
stairway

Seriously. Your dad should find that impressive because.. well... he's a dad. And dads find stairway impressive.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Last edited by Samothomas at Oct 14, 2008,
Quote by Samothomas
stairway

Seriously. Your dad should find that impressive because.. well... he's a dad. And dads find stairway impressive.

Mine doesn't. In fact both of my parents seem to think that the first measure of being a good guitarist is Classical Gas...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Mine doesn't. In fact both of my parents seem to think that the first measure of being a good guitarist is Classical Gas...

Ah but then your dad plays teh guitar too doesn't he? That's another story. Dads in general like stairway.
Thomas hopes to not have offended anyone with this post. No responsibility whatsoever is taken for any spelling or grammar mistakes, should there be any.

last.fm
Page 1 of 2