I just got a Marshall G30RCD 80 watt (I think) for 30 bucks. Pretty good deal I guess.
I was originally lookin for a practice amp (anything was better than the one I was using). So just wanted to share this. I understand it's not the best amp in the world

I have 1 question though...
When I have my guitar plugged in, and I put the amp on distortion, I get a really annoying buzzing noize, but when I move that thing (I always forget the damned name for it; it's the thing that has 5 spots on it (stratocaster) or 3 things (les paul), and each one changes between pickups, I think) up once, the noize goes away. Then I go to the 3rd position and I hear it again, but not as much...
Is there a problem with my guitar? I remember my other amp has the same problem. Maybe the grounding in the electric sockets are bad?

Thanks.
the thing u mean is a pickup switch...
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
get a noise gate.
Gear
Ibanez RG2EX2
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Strat
Homemade EVH
Marshall JCM 800 Combo

Quote by freshtunes
its not so much that i feel guilty about masturbating, its the things that i masturbate to that make me feel guilty.
It's a pickup selector (that thing you can't remember :P). Well it's either your guitar (I guess that noise is coming from a single coil pickup). TheBax is right, give more info plox :>
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by X_Op3th_X
It's a pickup selector (that thing you can't remember :P). Well it's either your guitar (I guess that noise is coming from a single coil pickup). TheBax is right, give more info plox :>

Yeah, that's what i was thinking, but we need more info.
B/c i know mine (SSS configuration) does the exact same thing with my Valveking.
O O

___
1.- MG30CDR = MG 30 watts Reverb (i dont remember what CD is)
2.- if your guitar has single coil pickups, use positions 2 and 4 to avoid the noise. if you guitar has humbuckers, there shouldnt be any noise, so it might be your guitar grounding. (google single coil and humbucker if you dont know what i'm talking about)
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Quote by TheBax
Yeah, that's what i was thinking, but we need more info.
B/c i know mine (SSS configuration) does the exact same thing with my Valveking.

I think it would be best for the TS to try shielding his guitar, or getting a noise gate. But 60-cycle hum is part of single-coil pickups.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
yea I have a strat and les paul.
Strat does have single coil, and you're right, humbucker has no noise...

Why do single coils do that on positions 1,3, and 5?
I really don't know WHY they hum... you'll have to get someone else that knows more about it than i.... but i DO know, that the reason it doesn't hum on positions 2 and 4 is b/c the single coils are wired opposite to each other (or something close to that...), and they sort of cancel out each other. (humbucker is two single coils wired together, which makes it not hum... hence the name humbucker).

I hope that explained it well enough, lol.
O O

___
Quote by TheBax
I really don't know WHY they hum... you'll have to get someone else that knows more about it than i.... but i DO know, that the reason it doesn't hum on positions 2 and 4 is b/c the single coils are wired opposite to each other (or something close to that...), and they sort of cancel out each other. (humbucker is two single coils wired together, which makes it not hum... hence the name humbucker).

I hope that explained it well enough, lol.

That was all I need
Thanks.
I plan on trading my strat for a gibson explorer anyway