i was thinking, based around something going on in the electric guitar forum, to have like a metal guitar playing tournament.
it would work something like starting up a group with several threads, one for each sub-genre of metal (heavy, thrash, death, black, doom and a seperate thread for solos) and you'd have up to 10 entrants in each thread who would all submit their own riff or melody (not a solo to give n00bs a chance) recordings or videos and people can vote for the best riff they think and eventually we'll have a winner for each genre and maybe have like all the winners submit a riff at the end to have an ultimate winner ?

does this sound good to people?
not as a competition like "im a better guitar player than you nehnehneh" or whatever.
the blues thread had one going on and the bass forum has had a couple and they've all been really interesting to listen to
An internet jam session would be good.

Mix and matching rhythms and solo's etc.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
While I disagree that music should be a competition I would definitely enter this (got a death metal song that needs recording) so long as it's not based on skill, but the music produced at the end

EDIT: I'm interested now but I must be going
If such a tournament goes ahead please notify me via pm or something
ohai little sig.
Last edited by Demonikk at Oct 6, 2008,
yeah, id do that too. have a bunch of people enter and hold a poll per genre where you choose your favorite riff/melody. or maybe have it so people can vote in their top 5.
Quote by Glimsom
Well, there was that horrible accident with Metallica, where the entire band had their Metal amputated. =P
Quote by Black-Metal
not as a competition like "im a better guitar player than you nehnehneh" or whatever.
the blues thread had one going on and the bass forum has had a couple and they've all been really interesting to listen to

That sounds ok. I'll go check out those other threads to see what it's like.
Quote by Demonikk
While I disagree that music should be a competition I would definitely enter this (got a death metal song that needs recording) so long as it's not based on skill, but the music produced at the end

i suppose it would be based on just whatever works the best.
not techinical ability, not qualtiy or recording but just whatever people like?
i supppose thats a bit vague really