So I've heard good things about Vox Valvetronix. I'm thinking about getting the Vox Valvetronix AD50VT, but I was wondering if there's anything negative about the amp series I should know, and I mean anything. Thanks to anyone who replies!

Edit: Ok I guess I should have been more specific. I am in a band, and although we are fairly new, we are planning on doing gigs. I don't have the money to spend right now, but we're all going to raise money for equipment, which includes amps for me and the other guitarist, but we don't want to spend any more then $500 on an amp. As for style I would say metal, but an amp with nice clean tone would be nice. I'd like it to sound decent at a higher volume for gigging and practicing.
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this. Now I need Cheez-Its.

This was directed to me by the way.
haha
Last edited by GuitarHero87645 at Oct 6, 2008,
unless you're just practicing by yourself or occasionally jamming with friends, the ad30vt would do fine. you should look elsewhere if you're in a band and doing gigs.

what's your budget, guitar, styles, volume needs, etc?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
The AD50 isn't the best choice for metal, though it can do it.

Try a B52 AT series amp.
I appreciate the help, but I need a little more. I think a more realistic price would be $400 max. What's the best amp for metal that I can get for $400 or less. To help even more could you tell me the pros and cons of the amps if you know them? Remember to keep it $400 or under. Anymore help is appreciated!
Quote by Jackintehbox
Ah fuck, I can't believe you've done this. Now I need Cheez-Its.

This was directed to me by the way.
haha
Recently posted to Craigslist.com

Mesa F-50 combo - $500 (i personally would do this)
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/868369497.html

Peavey Valveking combo - with new Celestion 30s - $400 (also good)
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/msg/868063630.html

Valveking 112 new is $400 but he's got a $120 speaker in there and better tubes.

Can you check out that Mesa?