So I'm thinking of getting a SD Sh-6 in the Bridge and either a SD cool rails, or hot rails in the neck. Would these fit well together?

For the bridge I'd like a hardcore, screamo, metal sound that can also get good cleans, but a good distorted sound would be the main focus. I like the sounds of Saosin, Underoath, Anberlin, August Burns Red and Protest the Hero.

For the neck I'd like to keep the basics of a single coil but I need a bit more of a punchier and more aggresive sound, I'm thinking the cool rails would be good for this, but I'm open to any suggestions. I need more of a nice raw overdrive rather than a heavy distortion sound from the neck and great sparkling cleans as well.

And don't tell me it won't make a difference with an SS amp, I'm selling it and looking around for a tube amp, I'd just like to know what I should be looking out for for PU's
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Last edited by mrxtreme_4 at Oct 6, 2008,
there is not pup that will give a heavy distortion and a sparkling clean sound...
check out the Dimarzio Drop Sonic for the bridge pup. Greta heavy distorted sound with great cleans.
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
The Drop Sonic seems pretty nice, I'm not really familiar with Dimarzio PU's though so I'll have to look into them.
And for Ghold125, I said I wanted "more of a nice raw overdrive rather than a heavy distortion sound from the neck and great sparkling cleans as well" cause I want to keep it close to a single coil sound.
Any other suggestions/opinions?
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp