I have been able to read tabs for quite a while, but I could never really read solos correctly. They are very hard to follow with the song. I don't know why but it just seems like its impossible for me to follow the solo even if I know the notes.

Is there anything I could do to help this?
learn to read real partition

may be long and hard, but it realy worth the pain

with that, you exactly know the time use in a song or a solo

also , guitar pro can help you alot
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by bender424
learn to read real partition

may be long and hard, but it realy worth the pain

with that, you exactly know the time use in a song or a solo

also , guitar pro can help you alot

What does that mean?
I'd suggest just listening to the song and trying to follow the tab with your eyes at first, don't worry with the guitar. If you can follow it with your eyes and ears you'll have some idea of how the solo goes. Then pick up your guitar and run through the solo, start to understand the movements you need to make between sections/licks.

Obviously the slower and less complicated the solo the less time it will take, but a lot of learning a solo is about repetition, so just practice without the music going and try and hear the timing of the notes in your head.
The better you know a solo the easier it will be to learn.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by Andrewbiles
I'd suggest just listening to the song and trying to follow the tab with your eyes at first, don't worry with the guitar. If you can follow it with your eyes and ears you'll have some idea of how the solo goes. Then pick up your guitar and run through the solo, start to understand the movements you need to make between sections/licks.

Obviously the slower and less complicated the solo the less time it will take, but a lot of learning a solo is about repetition, so just practice without the music going and try and hear the timing of the notes in your head.
The better you know a solo the easier it will be to learn.

The problem with solos for me is that unlike most rhythm guitar parts, they don't repeart a whole lot (at least the solos i've looked at) which makes it really difficult to read on tabs and go with the song.
id suggest useing power tab or guitar pro cuz with them the timeing is quite easy to pick up
Quote by Guitarfreak777
The problem with solos for me is that unlike most rhythm guitar parts, they don't repeart a whole lot (at least the solos i've looked at) which makes it really difficult to read on tabs and go with the song.

Ah, so you're having trouble memorising them rather than necessarily playing them?

Learning them in sections is probably your best bet. It will take a while but if you break it down - and learn it in the correct order - it should slowly become more manageable.

Try something like the solo from 'Don't speak' by No Doubt. There are three or four natural breaks in there already, so play through it whilst reading the tab a few times and then try and play the sections without looking at the screen. Once you've learnt the first part learn the second part, then put them together as a recap, play through it a few more times and then try and slot the last couple of bits on.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic