But I'm really stumped.

I'm writing a paper for school on what causes rural and urban people to develop differently. Part of my hypothesis is that one of the factors is the increased scarcity of solitude in a city environment. The problem is, I have no way to illustrate how it makes a difference. Can someone please help me out?
"That Hidde's a cool guy" -Abe Lincoln
"Hidde? Yeah we jam all the time" -Steve Vai
"Remember that time when burt jumped out of the tree and into the river? Good times!" -Jesus

So I heard you liek profiles?
Suicide rates are higher in big cities, people kill themselves out of stress.
u feel safer in the country, less crime, u can leave stuff outside, town has more stress, dirtier air people closer in country side
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
hm, urban people have faster paced lives i think
rural just kinda... take it easy.
More social contact in a city, more isolation and closer family ties in rural places?

I dunno, I'm just coming up with this stuff of the top of my head
I don't have a sig.
i live in the country
Quote by nowa90
i live in the country

Would you like a medal?

In the city life is really fast-paced and stressful a lot for the time, whereas in the country it's much more lax. Air quality is better in the country too.

oh that is great!

"'Evil men have no songs.' How is it that the Russians have songs?"
i live in the country
Quote by demoniacfashion
Actually, 78% of serial killers' crimes are committed in rural areas.

I never said serial killer, you can't really have a serial suicide killer.
Do you live in a city near a river. I think the smell and toxins from the Deleware river make my go crazy if I lived near it. Environment, more people, stress are some things that should help.
IF you want to emphasize a lack of solitude in the city v. rural, give population density statistics and then back it up with anecdotal evidence about someone living in each-with adhd from running into people all the time and one thoughtful and clever for getting lots of solitude and time to think.
People in cities are more exposed to different cultures and experiences. If you live in the city you are more mindful of the less appealing areas and people that populate the city. (gangstas, homeless, criminals)

In a more rural area, you don't have to worry as much about ending up on the wrong side of town at night.
how do i unsubcribe?