both? seriously, I love Caparison guitars, and love ESP; they both make really damn good guitars. The Horus has a 24.75 in neck scale, 27 fret, and an HS setup with a simple volume knob. The ESP has the same neck scale, 22 frets, dual humbuckers, two volume knobs and a single tone control. The Horus is great if you do shred, cuz you get the extra notes, but it's also good if you're not a shredder, since you don't need to strain to reach a full two octaves worth of notes (the singer/guitarist from Evergrey uses the Horus for that reason). Depends on your style, what YOU need, and budget since i believe the Cap is quite a bit more than the ESP.
I love caparisons even though I don't own one and I do want one badly.

So.....

Caparison. haha.
GEAR:
Schecter C-1 Plus (Emg 81/85)
ESP/LTD Viper 400
Bugera 6262 Head
Marshall 1960A Cab
Bad Monkey OD
ISP Decimator
They are both around the same price ($2600 - 2700 Australian), so budget differences really isn't an issue.
All depends on what you need it for dude. It's all preferance.

Also, the necks are a bit different, not sure if that bothers you at all. There are plenty of differences, including bolt-on/set neck, HS/HH Pickup Config, Alder Body With Hard Maple Neck VS Mahogany body with mahogany neck (and maple top depending on the model I believe).

Kinda hard to give an opinion for somebody else.
Quote by BuggedBass
They are both around the same price ($2600 - 2700 Australian), so budget differences really isn't an issue.

Thats some serious coin to spend locally on one guitar, I'd drop it on an imported Ibanez J-Craft or Prestige instead.
Quote by Ausgeno
Thats some serious coin to spend locally on one guitar, I'd drop it on an imported Ibanez J-Craft or Prestige instead.

Uh, why? Not going to be any better than those two, nor will any other guitar. It's about taste, as mentioned above. I personally would go with the Caparison as they are very unique guitars that you just don't pluck off trees like you can LP variants, but that is me.