Recently, there's been a problem with my bridge pickup. Whenever i switch my killswitch to the bridge pickup, it pretty much looses all tone, and comes out the amp quietly, with no distortion or any effects on it. So, I'll check all my volume and tone knobs, still nothing. I'll switch back to the regular position and it works fine. A few days later, I change it to the bridge, and it works fine.

So basically, my bridge pickup randomly decides to stop working, and then start working.

Ideas on why this happens?
like said it's not a kill switch, it's a toggle switch.

it might be dirty, blow some compressed air from a can in the switch while flicking.

check that the wires are connected.

jw, is it an epi?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I'll be sure to call it a Pickup Selector or Toggle Switch know.
I was watching some videos of Tom Morello and that's what he referred to it as.

I checked, and there was a loose connection between two wires. I fixed it, for now. It seems to be working fine, but I'll see.

And it's a Dean Z-X, jj1565
you can wire a toggle to be a kill switch. that;s why there's a confusion.

typically, it's just pickup selecting, not killing the sound.

if you plan on lowering the volume to one pup and flicking the switch back and forth, using it as a "kill switch" be warned, it can snap off.

good luck, glad it's working for you.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011