[question at end of post]

but when i was in Guitar Center, i picked up a few of them (including one with controls and pick ups like a Les Paul, which oddly enough i found to be rubbish even though i love les puals), and the last one in the group caught my eye.
It was a red sunburst finish with i think black binding. Made in American, priced around 2 grand i think.

picked it up, felt sturdy, liked the weight. neck was nice.

plugged it in, waited for the mesa to warm up.... and oh my god.

it played like nothing ive ever heard.

i'd toyed around with countless les pauls, gretschs, jacksons, fenders (i also found a love for the Mustang), but NOTHING got me excited to just play like this beauty did.

i now know what guitar im putting on my wishlist.

the funny thing is, im more of a Gibson fan, yet ive got a Yamaha EG 112 (strat), and i just fell in love with two more Fenders. ooh the irony.

And now for my question. Do you think It would be worth it to ditch my EG 112, and look around for a cheaper Tele that still plays as well as the dream i mentioned above? The only gigs i do are for my church band once a month, and that doesnt require an amp, i just plug into the sound board
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Telecasters are amazinggg.

Buy one.
What doesn't kill you,only makes you pissed off.
Quote by Z-Bone
Telecasters are amazinggg.

Buy one.

I couldn't agree more.
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by TehMasterSword
i just plug into the sound board

No DI box or anything? Going directly in sounds bad, no matter what guitar you're using.
Hey, I'm Mike.
save up for that guitar and make it be THE guitar that you will keep forever and will always be in ur rig. everyone needs a guitar like that and when they find it jackpot.
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
yeah i've had the problem of falling on love with an expensive tele too for me its the HH tele model

i say save for THE model u played or see if there is a MIM model like it
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
Quote by Thefallofman
No DI box or anything? Going directly in sounds bad, no matter what guitar you're using.

Well, not DIRECTLY. I have my EG running through a DigiTech RP50.

And Riff, I've been very slow to go and buy a good guitar knowing that I am going to need a gutiar that I could see as my flagship. Frankly, I havent played anything that I would even think about buying that would be my pride and joy untill i picked up this masterpiece. Sadly, its way too expensive. Hopefully, in time my budget will widen and I will find a Tele of that quality for the right price.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']
There are people in this world who don't feel it necessary to vomit sunshine 24 hours a day. I'm one of them.

Current Gear
Yamaha EG 112
Esteban American Legacy
Jay Turser JTB-400M
Fender Frontman 212R
Effects
DigitTech RP50
Quote by TehMasterSword
Well, not DIRECTLY. I have my EG running through a DigiTech RP50.

Ooooh, okay. Good move.
Hey, I'm Mike.
Too many people write off Telecasters as "country guitars".

They can play just about anything. Even metal.

I own a few, and have played many. I've yet to find two that play the same. They seem to have very individual personalities. Some great, some so-so, and some are utter garbage. I would never buy a Tele, or ANY Fender for that matter, without playing it first.

When you find a good one, buy it.
i had the same experience, only wth a HH tele, those are the only teles i like, but i cant seem to find another
Telecaster is the guitar of personality. If you happens to have the like for it it will hook ya for life.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

All of Led Zep I is Tele. What's there not to like? ^^

Even Stairway's solo is a Tele. If you really like the guitar, you should just work your butt off and get it. That what I did for the Explorer and, I tell you, it's a great feeling.
Although two grand is indeed a bit on the steep side.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Teles are great - however I have a feeling that the Mesa will have had a lot to do with the "oh my god" reaction.

Honestly, DI-ing never sounds half as good as plugging into a decent amp. The RP50 isn't a great interface either, I'd understand if you were using something like a POD.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I started off with a cheap Squier Telecaster. A couple of years later I installed Seymour Duncans. Then a couple of years after that I got a Gibson Les Paul. Interestingly, I play the old POS Telecaster about as much as I play the Gibson these days. It's just a pleasure to play, and it has a fantastic sound.
Quote by Swap-Meet
uhhh...anyone?

Get a luthier to fix your tele up with a Wizard III neck.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73
Yeah go for it.
See the first one (black and red) http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/51/510067.jpg

In my local shop, this was going for £279!! Proper Fender, i was like :O :O :O

EDIT: Might have been £379 :P, but thats still awesome!!
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Last edited by TimBFMV at Oct 7, 2008,
they are very nice guitars, although is rather spend my money on a nice strat. to me theres more tones to use off a strat.
Olipticle is reforming into something greater then ever! Come check our sites and leave any comments you want!

www.myspace.com/olipticle
http://