Okay, I'll rephrase the title in a longer way that makes sense: I've got nine 9-volt pedals that can each individually fit on my 1-spot power supply. The trouble though, is that the ninth pedal I bought today will need an additional power supply if I wanted to have all 9 pedals running at once. So to save future hassle, I figure I'd like to just put that ninth in the chain without screwing up my other 8 pedals. So the only solution I had without running out and spending another 10 bucks on a 1spot power supply is to use my old 4 pedal connector and just attach it to my newer 8 pedal connector... good or bad idea?
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
Epi Valve Junior Half stack
DS-1
Line 6 Floor Pod (FOR SALE!!!)
No idea. I've got much more pedals than my signature show though.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
DS-1
if its just a daisy chain, i would say its ok. i would just worried about running out of mA's to power your pedals. also, i would be worried about losing good tone running with the 1spot. its a good product, however it can be a tone black-hole.
How does a power supply suck tone? Also, would running out of mA cause damage to any/all of the pedals? Cause the last thing I want is another fried pedal (first time I bought a boss pedal I plugged the wrong power supply and fried it XD)
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
DS-1
Quote by Skierinanutshel
if its just a daisy chain, i would say its ok. i would just worried about running out of mA's to power your pedals. also, i would be worried about losing good tone running with the 1spot. its a good product, however it can be a tone black-hole.

how so?
Whats the longest word?

Quote by timzee117
smiles

because theres a mile between the two s's!

/killme
running out of mA's would be the same as a battery running out. no signal.

it can suck tone because of the quality of the electricity that is flowing to the pedals. hum, interrupted signal, a loss in signal are all the problems with a sketch power supply.

power supply bricks, like the voodoo labs and dunlop dc brick have insulated, full power signal running through each output, causing for less interruptions/loss of tone.
Okay, so If I turn on my power supply I shouldn't have 9 pedals blow up?
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
DS-1
no, they wont blow up. they just wont give you any signal lol.

so you run all the pedals at the same time? the most i've done is maybe four. and that was excessive.

oh....if you have the wrong kind of connector they might blow up. ehx uses 1/8'' for the most part i believe. boss is a 2.1 center negative. vox is a battery clip. so make sure you are using the right kind connector, and they wont blow up.
Ahhh, I thought that some of these connectors were different in size lmao. Thanks for that tip. I noticed that one of the cables I had wouldn't even fit into my mxr 90.
My Gear:
Gibson ES-335 (Dot)
ESP LTD MH-100QMNT
Spider III 75W
Digitech Whammy Pedal
Crybaby Wah
DS-1
yeah dude i can not run a Ispot into my DD3 only when i use the hold function, but if i run it with it's own 9volt it works fine. Build a pedalboard and tie a power strip to it where you can run some supplies off it.
Hmm... as far as I know, running out of mA will not only fry your 1spot, it could also damage one or more of your pedals!

Do yourself a favor and go through your manuals or check on the manufacturers websites for the power usage for all your pedals (keep in mind they usually quote a higher amount than the pedal usually consumes). As long as this total does not exceed the output specification of the 1spot (around 1.5A I think?) you should be fine, regardless of how many pedals you have in the daisy chain (as long as they are connected correctly).

Regarding tone, the power supply should not suck tone, but can introduce noise into the signal path. Also, some pedals just do not do well in this environment and tend to produce more noise than others in this configuration.

If you are unsure at all, do yourself a favor and email the Visual Sound guys - they're customer service is some of the best I've experienced - they'll email you back in no time.
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2