hey, is it possible to turn a right handed les paul into a lefty sg
, like of corse its possible but i mean would it actually look like an sg or just a double cut away>?

is there anything i could do to make it look more like an sg, i was thinking of maybe sanding the body on an angle all around but idk

wat do u guys think
no. the Les Paul, first off, is like twice as thick and has a carved top. it really wouldnt look like an sg. making it lefty is impossible unless u feel like routing for new electronics.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
It would probably just look like a double cut away unless you carved down the entire body. Les Pauls are much thicker than SG's
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
Quote by AngusJimiKeith
no. the Les Paul, first off, is like twice as thick and has a carved top. it really wouldnt look like an sg. making it lefty is impossible unless u feel like routing for new electronics.

yes i do, and i was planning on buying a cheap flat top because it would be my first mod
You could probably get like a Epi LP Junior II or which ever model is the flat top and then route and carve from there.
Your opinion is just that, YOUR opinion. It doesn't make you right. It doesn't make you better. It doesn't make you god. Everyone has their own view and that view is neither right or wrong.

Ignorance destroys music.
its still alot thicker, i garuntee it....sg's are notoriously thin. i know, i have 2. however, if u plan on routing, lefty is possible. it might still look like a normal LP doublecut though...even tho the sg is derived from the paul, the design was changed slightly.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Hey,we have almost the same username!

I think if you turn a les paul into an SG,it still wouldn't look and sound like an SG.Way too thick for the SG tone and also too thick for the SG body.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Just dont do it to a genuine 59 les paul like a guy did to this! -

Last edited by jscustomguitars at Oct 7, 2008,
^ that's just sad... no way around it
Support your local luthier!

Timpson Guitars and TDM Pickups rock ;D

I make guitars and pickups. I also make sh*t that'll blow you the f*k up as well as things that will rebuild you - I have the technology
Its converted to a lefty, that plates raised up over the knobs with only a little bit of em showing to make it more comfortable to play i'd imagine.
Good luck reaching the higher frets.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.