Hey guys, so this is my second bass cover I posted on these forums (please check out my other one, Eagle Fly Free by Helloween). It's the song Longview by Green Day. Please give some feedback, and enjoy!

Longview (Green Day)
I haven't heard the original I don't think, or at least not in a long time, so I cant really critique how close it sounded to that, but as far as your playing, It sounds great.

I'm not much of a bass player, but I think you've inspired me to pull it off the wall and learn this
Quote by RITZ7
I haven't heard the original I don't think, or at least not in a long time, so I cant really critique how close it sounded to that, but as far as your playing, It sounds great.

I'm not much of a bass player, but I think you've inspired me to pull it off the wall and learn this

HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW LONGVIEW?!!! Lol nah I'm just kidding. But this is one of my all-time favorite bass lines. Green Day used to be my favorite band back in the day before I knew what good music was, but this and the rest of the Dookie album still remains "good music" in my head to this day. It's such a classic and recognizable bass line, and also really easy to play (first song I ever learned on bass).
not bad. try and let the notes ring out just a little bit more during the main riff. and work on the little part right after the chorus. make sure the hammer-ons and trills throughout the song are really articulated well.
you kept a pretty good rhythm though, and overall the tone is great. good recording.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981335
Quote by dchen93
not bad. try and let the notes ring out just a little bit more during the main riff. and work on the little part right after the chorus. make sure the hammer-ons and trills throughout the song are really articulated well.
you kept a pretty good rhythm though, and overall the tone is great. good recording.

crit mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=981335

Yeah I get that a lot for this and Five Magics by Megadeth (don't have a recording of that up yet).

Oh, and check your thread because I already did critique yours
Quote by _Sanitarium_
wow, that brought back memories... spot on, nice work!

Yes, Green Day is so nostalgic for me as well.
Haven't heard this song but I must say it's good.
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots