Page 1 of 2
Hey Pit.

If someone were to skip only one meal, namely lunch, because of depression, would that constitute an eating disorder?
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
no, if they where depressed becuase they where fat then maybe
Quote by Deliriumbassist
marmite, vegemite, termite...

anything that ends with -mite is the work of Satan's retarded cousin Vinnie.
Nope
I have recreated a Mattocaster with Kaoss Pad built into the body. If you would be interested in having this mod done to your guitar, let me know!
Missing one meal is not an eating disorder. Doctors have a criteria for assesssing this sort of thing that I can't remember right now.
No, but if they were depressed because they were anorexic so they stopped eating lunch because lunch makes you thinner, they'd have an eating disorder. They should also get their sanity checked.

Hope that helps, friends. I am now off to lurk near the edges of the deep pit. Farewell, my comrades
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by GmacD
no, if they where depressed becuase they where fat then maybe

I was.
o.o
I mean, they were.
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
No but youll get fat, because your body will be binge eating and that makes you fat because when you dotn eat for a while, then eat your body turns most of it into fat

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Snuffles
No but youll get fat, because your body will be binge eating and that makes you fat because when you dotn eat for a while, then eat your body turns most of it into fat

That made about as much sense as this analogy.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Quote by Underjoggle
I was.
o.o
I mean, they were.

You were depressed because you were fat, and didn't eat lunch because of it... that's just poor dieting as opposed to anorexia nervosa. An eating disorder affects many facets of life- not just skipping a few meals.
As a guy who has purposely starved himself before, how do you only skip one meal due to depression?
You're*
Being depressed affects your normal everyday life

But it's not an eating disorder

You just said the person is depressed, not anything else.

I was depressed for 6 months and I dropped down 30 pounds from not eating.
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Depends if its because they're fat or not.

Either way skipping a meal to loose weight is the absolute wrong direction. Skipping that meal slows the metabolism.
I dont eat breakfast, or lunch I just eat a little when I get home from school then wait till dinner. Does this mean I have an eating disorder?
ಠ_ಠ
I don't eat breakfast or lunch. Breakfast because I don't allow enough time, and lunch because I don't care for the school food. I don't consider myself to have an eating disorder.
its not an eating disorder unless you admit it take it from a six year wrestler whose daily diet for half the year consists of an orange and maybe half a sandwich (depending on if it was a hard workout that day) its not an eating dissorder unless you admit it i wrestled six years and never had an eating disorder
I Dnt eat breakfast or lunch............

I Don't think I have a eating disorder.

I got a rare case of waking-up-late and to-lazy-to-pack-a-lunch but thats all
Quote by upchuck51
its not an eating disorder unless you admit it take it from a six year wrestler whose daily diet for half the year consists of an orange and maybe half a sandwich (depending on if it was a hard workout that day) its not an eating dissorder unless you admit it i wrestled six years and never had an eating disorder

Incorrect. Ever heard about Dana the 8 year old anorexic?

She didn't even know what it was, yet she clearly had anorexia, so how could she admit it?

And what has wrestling for 6 years got to do with eating disorders anyways?
If this thread is still here tomorrow I will contribute further - I have vast experience of both depression and eating disorders unfortunately

my doctor got the uni to move me back into catered accommodation this year because of it
Quote by obliviousibanez
no. thats called skipping lunch. i dont eat breakfast. what the hell kind of question is that?

I used to never eat breakfast, I never suffered from anorexia nervosa or whatever.
ಠ_ಠ
no. wtf. i skip breakfast everyday and sometimes luch.
i eat when im hungry and if i get hungry once then i eat.
doesnt matter what time you eat as long as you eat when your hungry.

ill never falter.ill stand my ground.

yes, i am a girl.
I never eat breakfast. I love breakfast food but only eat it late at night. I am not sure why but growing up every time i ate breakfast before going to school i would throw up, so finally i just quit eating it and have been fine ever since.
no. i dont eat lunch at school. i eat once i get home and im pretty healthy.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
Dude, I eat maybe one meal a day...if skipping lunch is an eating disorder then...I have a major one.
I skip breakfast, almost never eat a lunch (usually only when I go to my Nonna's house on Sunday do I eat), and I always eat a lot for dinner and before bed. I admit, not the best thing to do, but it's not that unusual and it definitely doesn't constitute as a disorder. It's merely just an eating pattern.
Quote by glm
I love you for saying that.

after I said "if the Governator could do it; so can Mr. Colbert"
do they skip it all the time? My friend started not eating lunch and breakfast to "lost weight" and he did... but it kinda ****ed him up... his body's all out of proportion and shit.
How do you define a eating disorder? i don't think i have one but then again sometimes i go days without eatin just cuz i never feel hungry... then my gf gets pissed and makes me eat. im also a manic depressive so that might be the cause. so again how do you define an eating disorder?
Quote by RawrDemon
"Side effects may include... INVOLUNTARY ANAL DISCHARGE."

Scitzo of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join.
Quote by kaybee
no. wtf. i skip breakfast everyday and sometimes luch.
i eat when im hungry and if i get hungry once then i eat.
doesnt matter what time you eat as long as you eat when your hungry.

Bingo, if more people did this; my insurance would go down.
Quote by metallight16
How do you define a eating disorder? i don't think i have one but then again sometimes i go days without eatin just cuz i never feel hungry... then my gf gets pissed and makes me eat. im also a manic depressive so that might be the cause. so again how do you define an eating disorder?

Well first of all, if you don't feel hungry and don't eat then it's not an ED. However, if you're hungry and choose not to eat it for a certain reason, then yes it may be.

As for "defining" an eating disorder that would take hours. There are different kinds of eating disorders. The well known ones are anorexia and bulimia. But there are some people that show some signs of the two extremes and may be diagnosed with EDNOS (eating disorder not otherwise specified) which also includes binge eating, compulsive over eating etc.

I seriously doubt any of you who say you skip meals because you're busy or whatever have an eating disorder. So there's nothing to worry about. If anyone still thinks they may have a problem then please check out the links I posted.
No, I'm forced to skip lunches from time to time due to financial problems of my own part and sometimes I don't eat breakfast.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
i skipped lunch everyday in high school. mainly to save money for guitar gear.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
I didn't eat breakfast or lunch for a majority of last year.
Quote by Kivarenn82
i skipped lunch everyday in high school. mainly to save money for guitar gear.

Yeah, me too.
Page 1 of 2