10-52 or 10-46 for strings? D'addario?

i have 2 guitars, theyre both free of fret buzz with heavy strings, but with 10-46 on one, and 9-42 i have some pretty bad fret buzz, should i just put 10-52 on both?

p.s. i know the type of gear tom uses, pedals and guitars anyways
strings are strings are strings, whatever floats your boat really.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
We already have a Tom Morello. We don't need two. Play like yourself - we don't have any of those yet.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I'd say 10-52 because he does play in DROP D quite a bit.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
all right, well i think im gonna go with 10-52s, anything else and my guitars have bad fret buzz, any objections?
Quote by joe smith1234
all right, well i think im gonna go with 10-52s, anything else and my guitars have bad fret buzz, any objections?

I object. Raise your action and adjust your truss rod, then it won't buzz.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
I object. Raise your action and adjust your truss rod, then it won't buzz.

i did, i took it to a guitar store and they told me the neck wasnt bending or anything, and i did raise my action it did no good
If your neck is correctly adjusted, your intonation is set, and your action is appropriate, then there is absolutely no reason at all that your strings should have 'bad fret buzz' as you put it.

If you took it to a Guitar Center, then, well my friend - you wasted your money, because Guitar Center doesn't know shit about guitars... Or centers... Or anything.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
If your neck is correctly adjusted, your intonation is set, and your action is appropriate, then there is absolutely no reason at all that your strings should have 'bad fret buzz' as you put it.

If you took it to a Guitar Center, then, well my friend - you wasted your money, because Guitar Center doesn't know shit about guitars... Or centers... Or anything.

i took it to a local store
Most quality guitar stores will set up electrics with a type of gauge in mind. If you want to play a different gauge string (and don't know how to set it up like I don't) ask a guitar shop to install a new set of strings and do a set up at the same time.

The other piece of advice I've gotten in the past was that if you can't hear the buzzing through the amp, it's nothing to worry about.