Okay I'm in the middle of building a strat and I'm buying better parts as I'm going along. So I came across This nice MIM fender strat neck. It's rosewood on maple but it has a floyed rose nut installed, but I dont have a floyed bridge. My question is will make any difference just using a standard strat bridge? Also will I be able to use it?
Tuning stability will be very good as the bridge does lock, but you will have to unlock to change strings, and when you relock, the strings will go flat. Conclusion: Not worth it.
Quote by XBertsBestBuddy
Okay I'm in the middle of building a strat and I'm buying better parts as I'm going along. So I came across This nice MIM fender strat neck. It's rosewood on maple but it has a floyed rose nut installed, but I dont have a floyed bridge. My question is will make any difference just using a standard strat bridge? Also will I be able to use it?
Of course!

Quote by captainoid
Tuning stability will be very good as the bridge does lock, but you will have to unlock to change strings, and when you relock, the strings will go flat. Conclusion: Not worth it.
What?
Quote by captainoid

You could always just not use the locking pads lol.
Quote by Ippon
Of course!

What?

I'm just assuming he's locking the bridge (if he doesn't lock, it wont matter). I merely thought that because of the pressure of the nut on the strings, they will go flat; why FR's have fine tuners (I believe?).
Quote by HighPotency
You could always just not use the locking pads lol.

This guy is a genius, I watched some videos and thats all I really need to do.
Quote by XBertsBestBuddy

yes, you can use it. keep in mind that these nuts are designed to lock down the string, not be left unlocked, so the tuning stability isn't as good as a standard nut. however, i have a custom built rg (from parts) with a lock nut and a non-locking hardtail bridge and i don't have any problems. i doubt you'll have any problems, and if you do, just upgrade to some locking tuners.

you may want to hand-tighten the lock nuts so you don't lose them if you ever want to put a floyd on it. you can tighten them just enough that it won't affect the tuning and the nuts won't rattle incessantly. plus, it'll look cool, haha. i think those nuts look pretty stupid without the pads on them.
ok so I got the neck and it fits but the drilled holes in the neck don't alien. So I really don't want to drill the neck so is there any way I can dill new holes in the body? I keep trying to figure out a way, but I just can't get my mind around it.
You could either redrill the holes in the neck or you could dowel or fill in the holes in the body and redrill them to fit.
Also with the nut, you can use the locking pads, just before you put them on, tune the strings a bit sharp, when you put the locking nut things on you will have the right tuning and should stay in tune.
Good Luck!
Quote by guitarcam123
You could either redrill the holes in the neck or you could dowel or fill in the holes in the body and redrill them to fit.
Also with the nut, you can use the locking pads, just before you put them on, tune the strings a bit sharp, when you put the locking nut things on you will have the right tuning and should stay in tune.
Good Luck!

Thanks
Sorry, I didn't mean to be so rude before.

Just redrill the holes in your neck, it will be much easier.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.