Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
ESP

/thread

If you're not going to Ibanez, who did the first 7 string, then ESP is the best. If you can't afford one (they're pretty pricey), then Schecter is the way to go.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
^ Dammit, I wanted to make the Ibanez joke. :P

Schecter, ESP or Jackson perhaps?

Edit: God I hate when I post something and there's a million posts between the post I'm replying to and mine :P
Last edited by slickerthnsleek at Oct 6, 2008,
schecter jeff loomis FR, things sweet
Ibanez FR Prestige (BKP'd out)
Schecter Tempest Classic
Fryette Deliverance 120
Hughes and Kettner 412
Higher end Washburns or Agile for something not Schecter or Ibanez.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
What's wrong with Ibanez and ESP? I'm going to switch to 7 strings whenever I get the money and I'm going Ibanez. Also, if you have the money Conklin. . . all those are custom made though
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
Quote by notsee
What's wrong with Ibanez and ESP? I'm going to switch to 7 strings whenever I get the money and I'm going Ibanez. Also, if you have the money Conklin. . . all those are custom made though

Some people (including me) really don't like ibanez for certain reasons (mine being the flat and thin necks).
Quote by HighPotency
Some people (including me) really don't like ibanez for certain reasons (mine being the flat and thin necks).

Well, they are made for shredders, so they have to have very fast and capable necks. The thickness(or thinness) is not comparable to any other neck. I used to play on various RG series and then I went to PRS, Gibson and as of late ESP. It's like driving a crotch rocket compared to a big rig.

I don't think anybody should gripe about most of the tremolo's on Ibanez guitars of recent, that's the only other complaint I could see. They discontinued most of their crappy trem's and only kept the good ones, Edge Pro and ZR lopro(S series only, extremely high maintenance from what I hear). I haven't seen any other trem on their guitars(recent production).

As for the material, they primarily use Alder and Basswood which I really hate both. I want a wood that can stand up to my torture, so of course that led me to one 7 string. Naturally, the guitar is a signature series of a band I hate, Korn, but it's the only one made of Mahogany, my wood of choice. Basswood and alder are too light and flimsy and delicate for my tastes.

If I haven't confronted every possible issue with Ibanez, let me know some more.
Quote by paranoid joker

Metal, should kick you in the nuts, after you catch it messing around with your girlfriend.
and then make a sandwhich in your house and walk out.

Http://www.myspace.com/drowningiris
My point was that some people prefer a different size/shape neck. You don't need a super thin neck to play fast, you just need the feel of the instrument and technique. You make it sound like a gibson neck is the most unruly thing ever created in terms of guitar necks.