just got the neck today so I'm pumped; needed to throw up some pics. **Question at bottom**

lefty body

righty neck, clapton soft V contour, compound radius

CBS headstock, graphtech nut

gonna need to open up the pocket a few mm

going to be black on black, yes like Gilmour, no not an exact blackstrat copy

'69 RI's for the neck and mid. SD SSL-5L for the bridge

about the pocket, it so so clost to fitting I'm planning on just sanding it a little til it fits, but after finishing the body will I have to sand off some of the finish to get a perfect fit or do you not finish all down into the pocket???
Last edited by wyantsm at Oct 6, 2008,
sounds sweet . keep us updated
Yamaha Pacifica 012 W/Emg 81
ESP EC400
ESP H202
Squier Tele Standard
Strat Copy
Randall RG100SC
Boss MT2
Boss TU2
you will prob have to sand it down again(neck pocket) if you paint that area. i personally would take an old peice of wood, use the neck bolts and paint it from that(yes thats right, guitar on a stick) :p
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
I would not recommend painting in the neck cavity of the body. Nothing should interfere with the contact of the two woods including paint.
just mask off the neck pocket with masking tape before you paint it, Easy! Yeah use the guitar on a stick idea and hang it up on a coat hanger or something.
All black, with a white middle pickup? You should get a black pup cover for the SD.
Weekend Warrior
Quote by ML_Guitar09
All black, with a white middle pickup? You should get a black pup cover for the SD.

No, that would look awesome
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
Warmoth claims that 10% of their unfinished necks untreated, just oil dipped become warped or twisted. Strange,huh?
thanks for the finishing tips. btw, I have a black pu cover for the SD which will be in the bridge. reversed headstock is sooo cool on a strat imo, b/c i've never seen it before!

REALLY BAD TIME TO ASK BUT...

yes it is a warmoth neck, yes it is finished. vintage tint satin(vs. gloss). Is that considered a "hard finish" like am I gonna have to oil it and stuff?!?
looking nice, you should tap the neck in and give us an 'orsmby neck fit test' image haha

im not normaly a fan of strats but this looks SWEET
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Nah, their finishes are "hard finishes". They recommend getting it finished because you can buy the necks unfinished, but if you play them unfinished, then they become warped easier are susceptible to damage.

I'm looking to get a Warmoth strat neck soon, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering some questions of mine.

Is that plain maple? Or is it another type of maple? How "shiny" is the satin? Did you choose it over the gloss for a reason? How's the clapton v feel? I have smallish hands; is it comfortable to you?

I was thinking about just getting the standard thin, because I was afraid any of the others would be too big.
I'll be following this one. I'm a sucker for strats and this one will be kind of unique with the reverse headstock and it's a lefty.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I'd say don't sand the neck pocket at all, and make it have a super tight fit, so that the sound conduction is maximized.

It'll also feel a LOT more solid that way.
------

Shwiggity.
Uhh, did you actually buy a RIGHT handed neck just to get the reversed headstock, or did you just call it that cause of the headstock..

Cause if you bought a right handed neck you're gonna have to swap out the nut with a left handed one.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
I masturbationed on my bus driver.
Quote by bob farrell
This man speaks the truth. Pleez to be videoing your horrific death kthxbai.
Quote by lemonsquares42
Nah, their finishes are "hard finishes". They recommend getting it finished because you can buy the necks unfinished, but if you play them unfinished, then they become warped easier are susceptible to damage.

I'm looking to get a Warmoth strat neck soon, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering some questions of mine.

hey man, thats a quartersawn maple neck, if you don't know what that is, look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter-sawn I didn't know about that but I'm glad I found out.

It's not shiny at all.

I wasn't too sure I wanted the satin until I tried a guitar with it at a local store. I think the satin looks cooler, but mainly I like it because it feels amazing. Definitely something you should check out. I know my hands usually get pretty moist when I play and "stick" to the gloss finish, but thats something I would have never noticed if I had not actually tried one in person.

The Clapton V is the one thing I was really nervous about b/c I have never touched one before, but I really like it. Seems to be a compromise between the standard fender (I have a MIM strat?) neck and the fender V-neck (which I was lucky enough to find and try). It's got some meat to it which I like, but not too much more than the stock MIM. The V is more pronounced at the nut end imo, which makes sense for chords, seems pretty comfortable. I don't expect your hands would be too small but idk, I'm about 6'3"

good luck, if you have any more questions let me know

btw they did a fine job on the fret work, I've heard people complain about it but I can't find anything wrong with mine, if anything it made me realize how bad they're getting on my other guitar. The only thing I wish they offered was rolled edges, would have been amazing, o well